My friend, Nicole, made this for me years ago. Ever since then it’s been my “go-to” salad whenever we have a large group over or are invited someplace where there will be a lot of people.
I love the crunchiness of the broccoli, the nutty flavor from the almonds, and the sweetness from the grapes and dried cherries. There’s very little bacon, so it can easily be left out for a vegetarian side. It’s so good, you go back for second and third helpings.
Serves 6-8 generous servings
Prep time: 25 minutes
• 1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
• 2 cups of red grapes, sliced in half length wise
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 1 cup dried cherries, raisins, or dried cranberries
• 6 scallions, chopped
• 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
• 1 cup mayo
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon sugar
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar together in a small bowl. Pour mayo mixture over broccoli mixture and combine well. Serve right away or chill for a few hours.