I know a lot of people are excited for the Fall season; thinking about soups and stews and casseroles, oh my. Not me. I am in complete denial.
It’s not that I don’t like Fall. Quite the contrary. It’s just that Fall turns into Winter. And I loathe the cold Winter. Colder than cold. Like, there-isn’t-enough-lotion-on-the-planet-to-keep-my-skin-moist cold. Like, it-takes-three-space-heaters-and-two-down-comforters-to-keep-me-warm cold. Like, my-eyeballs-hurt-when-I-step-outside it’s so cold.
In my utter defiance, I made these wraps, which I adapted from Raley’s Something Extra.
They have all kinds of great things going for them:
• I didn’t need to use my stove or oven, which I am struggling to avoid, as we attempt to keep the house spotless for showings. (Oh, how I hoped it would sell before the first snowfall…)
• They’re simple and quick. Always love that.
• The lettuce is your utensil, so there’s no dirty silverware to clean up. Whew.
• My kids were immediately interested because they got to eat with their hands. Score.
• I was able to use my mango splitter. Ya, baby!
• They were tangy from the dressing, had just the right amount of crunch from the lettuce and macadamia nuts, and fantastic color. Tasty, tasty.
And the name…what about the name? It screams summer.
I will not go down without a fight.
Print this recipe.