Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

Post image for Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

by Amy Flanigan on April 12, 2010 · 17 comments

I found my slippers. Whew.

The pots and pans, however, remain in a box. One of the many boxes sitting in the kitchen, blocking an easy path to the family room. Let’s just hope that the boxes are at least labeled correctly. That would kind of be a drag if my favorite pan was in a box marked “attic”, now shoved in a closet, not to be opened for another five years.

I find it quite amazing, actually – the fact that I’m even functioning – with most of my things still unreachable. (See, I’m that gal that unpacks immediately after returning from a trip, unable to relax until every last thing is put back in its proper place.)

But, I’m okay. Indifferent, really. Pure exhaustion will do that to you.

So, what’s a gal to do without all her cookware? Well, we’ve been ordering a lot of bad Chinese food from the place down the street, eating Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast and lunch, and wouldn’t you know it – baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese are very filling.

I’ve also been making a lot of appetizers – the kind requiring the oven and not the stove. They also don’t require utensils (which also remain in a box.)

I spotted these back around SuperBowl time, but never had a chance to try them. Until now. They sure put the pep back in my step. Wowza. These, my friends, are the Devil’s work…and I mean that in the best possible way.

Anyway, did I mention I found my slippers? This is important.

Print this recipe (from The Pioneer Woman)

Jen February 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

These are the DEVIL but so delicious! The last time I made these I ate 10 of them….Not doing that again. Ha!

tigerfish April 18, 2010 at 11:29 pm

I wanna eat that! The strong flavors of each must have caused a delicious “explosion” :D

Melissa April 16, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I’ve seen these over and over and I hate that I can’t make them. I mean, I CAN, but it would be a massive fattening meal for 1. Steve doesn’t like cream cheese. *Cries*

Miss seeing you. Hope everything is going beautifully!

Rachel April 16, 2010 at 12:04 am

omg I LOVE Pioneer Woman. She is cute as a button. Her cookbook is great and her carnitas and cinnamon rolls are DA BOMB.

daphne April 15, 2010 at 10:01 am

ooo meaty and spicy! my kind of finger food.

lo April 14, 2010 at 11:21 am

I find it amazing that you’ve found the time to make bacon wrapped “poppers”… you are, indeed, a woman after my own heart.

Kudos on keeping your head up through all this moving business. It’s the one thing that always seems to put me in a strait jacket. I’m sending you lots of good vibes (and hope that you’ll be able to stay in one spot for a bit now, after all the work).

Mike April 13, 2010 at 8:12 am

My mouth would like them. Not sure I can say the same about my stomach. ;)

Amy April 13, 2010 at 9:32 am

Natasha – These aren’t just for the boys. Trust me.

Joanne – Moving is such a pain. And I’m certain that once we finally have this place in order, we’ll start looking for another one.

Pam – Just do it.

Mike – Ya. These are pretty hard core. My stomach could only manage 5 or so. But they were worth it.

Carrie – Oooh. I like the idea of everything chopped up and mixed together, too. Although might involve more prep work. Thanks for stopping by!

Mom – I don’t really think these are up your alley, but I will say, by removing the seeds and membrane, they really weren’t THAT spicy. I mean, they were spicy, but not burn-your-mouth-omg-I can’t breath spicy.

Mom April 13, 2010 at 9:10 am

Anything wrapped in bacon sounds good, but the hot jalapenos might be a bit too much for us.
Glad you found your slippers, but Paul’s saute pan is your keeper to locate!

Carrie April 13, 2010 at 8:26 am

Oh yum, I love jalapeno poppers! I’ve made them with the bacon chopped up and mixed with the cheese filling, but they look so good this way, too!

pam April 12, 2010 at 6:34 pm

I bookmarked these when PW did them. I’m bookmarking them again. I have got to make these.

Joanne April 12, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Slippers. Are a good. Start.

I have no idea where mine are. And I haven’t moved in almost a year. (Wow has it been that long?)

Finger foods taste better than stovetop foods anyway. These are a prime example.

5 Star Foodie April 12, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Yum! I wish I saw this earlier – I would have made these for lunch for my husband!

Amy April 12, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Lisa – same with my husband. He devoured these.

Astrid – lots of sandwich eating over here, as well. And anything that can be wrapped in a tortilla.

Jen – if you and Jay like spicy, you should make these. But be careful…they are addictive.

Jennifer April 12, 2010 at 11:48 am

These look amazing. I’m drooling. Me want. :o)

Astrid April 12, 2010 at 11:27 am

Finger foods are awesome. As are sandwiches and any other delicious food categories no involving utensils. We were given hands (and soap and water to clean them with) for a reason, right? For easter, we grilled up some bacon wrapped jalepenos. There were good, but I am never a fan of bacon when it is cooked like that. I need my bacon to be on the extremely crispy side of things. Yours look awesome. Hope you get your life unpacked soon!

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary April 12, 2010 at 9:52 am

I think if I say those three words….bacon wrapped jalapenos….my husband will start to drool immediately. Gorgeous!