Dill

Post image for Dill

by Amy Flanigan on July 13, 2010 · 13 comments

Ah, Dill…..

Isn’t it pretty?

Unlike my hair, which is curly and unruly (and will never know the feeling of a comb running through it), Dill is…wispy. Slender. Delicate. Of course, I’m sure that Dill is jealous of Parsley’s fullness, and Rosemary’s strength, but the grass is always greener.

To continue reading about my dill love, click on over to Burp! (Could there be a better name for a food blog? NO. How brilliant. Seriously, head over there and read my guest post. Then stick around for a while longer. Peef and Lo and their recipes are too awesome for words.)

Or go directly to the recipe for Salmon Burgers with Greek Yogurt and Dill.
Or go directly to the recipe for Dill Potato Salad.

food-4tots July 18, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Never try dill in my cooking even though I always visited them and said “hi to them when I went for my grocery shopping. LOL! Congrats on your guest post! Got to try your dill recipe one day. ;)

Amy July 16, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Mom – It was fun to do.

Anne – A lot of people think that way about dill. It’s like the bastard step child to the more popular herbs like parsley, rosemary, and thyme. Maybe I can turn some people onto it? More importantly, I’m delighted that I’ve caught your spectacularness in my web. I feel super special right now…and I will ride that feeling into the weekend thankyouverymuch.

Anne July 16, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Dill is kind of like the wallflower herb for me. I like it but I don’t notice it or think about it. But boy, does it do a slammin’ number on borsht.

I have similar, comb-deprived hair. And a great frizzy fear of humid weather.

Mom July 14, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Nice post and link to your site.

Amy July 14, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Dad – The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

Greg – Thanks for stopping by both places. You’re awesome.

sippitysup July 14, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Guest posts are fun I will head over there. GREG

Dad July 13, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Herb is my favorite dill. My hair used to be like … hair. I never thought of comparing it to linguini or dill or Spaghetti-Os. You people are all weird, lovable, but weird.

Amy July 13, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Joanne – I saw your sweet note over there. You’re awesome. And I’ve had your spanakorizo recipe sitting on my desk since you posted it. Soon.

Kim – Thanks for hopping over there and continue the read. It was fun. Peef and Lo cook up some fantastic eats!

Dani – Yes! Dill in scrambled eggs…yum.

Lora – Considering all my herbs used to die in October, I’m excited about the herb prospects a CA winter brings.

Heather – I know, I know. Always want what the other gal has. Thanks for coming by, Heather!

Heather July 13, 2010 at 12:05 pm

I love this! I have dill hair, and always coveted full, bouncy chervil hair. Grass is always greener, indeed.

Lora July 13, 2010 at 9:16 am

Mmm, that salmon burger looked good. You are absolutely right, there is no excuse for me not having some good herbs in a pot. I’ll have to start in September, but I’m sure there is something besides rosemary that will survive the winter.

Dani H July 13, 2010 at 7:23 am

Dill is my favorite herb ~ love it in scrambled eggs with cheese. ;-)

Kim July 13, 2010 at 6:39 am

Thanks for the introduction. Peef and Lo seem to have a lot of fun cooking, which is what it’s all about. As you would know. Great job on your guest blog! I love your dill description.

Joanne July 13, 2010 at 5:46 am

I saw that guest post and loved it! (But did I expect anything less from you…absolutely not.) I’m actually just coming into a love of dill. It was the spanakorizo that did it.