Very Culinary Has A New Look!

Post image for Very Culinary Has A New Look!

by Amy Flanigan on January 30, 2011 · 39 comments

When you first have a baby, you can (and do) stare at that baby for hours on end. Hours. Without blinking. You can’t believe how perfect they are. How much you love them.

That’s how I feel about this new look. (Sort of.) I can’t stop staring at it! I know…I need to get a life. And feed those kids I just gushed over. I will, I will. In a minute.

First off, let’s give credit where credit is due. The new logo – that lovely creation is by my friend Mike at The Michael Jaszewski Studio. We go waaaay back. I saw his portfolio years ago and almost peed myself. He makes magic with pen and paper…and probably did my logo in his sleep, but he’s not telling.

Many thanks to M.J. for creating a logo that I love. It’s exactly what I wanted and screams Amy. He’s also a busy dude. But he fit me into his schedule. Ya, he’s awesome like that. Need a logo? Brochure? Postcard? Drawing of Batman? He’s your guy.

Then there’s the new website. The header, the thumbnails, the colors, the interface…the tiny details that only I will ever notice. You cannot believe what’s involved in creating a custom theme. I would never know either if it weren’t for Paul. Ya. My Paul. The one who consults companies on social media and gives expert advice on digital signage. The one who does voice-over and video production. Now add HTML, Thesis, and coding to his repertoire. He taught himself…while I was breathing down his neck. (Sorry Babe, I know I’m a pain in the ass. I loooooove you.) Seriously, I owe him so many fruit baskets, it’s not even funny.

You don’t need to love the new look like I love it – just like you would never love my  kids the way I do. Keep coming back for a visit and I’ll be happy.

There may be some broken links for a few weeks and inconsistencies here and there. Hang tight and I’ll get it fixed (except for the 150 or so comments I lost…those are gone forever *@!&*#)  Feel free to let me know if you stumble across something that seems funky. My eyes are blurry at this point.

Our regular scheduled programming will resume on Tuesday….

Thanks everyone!
A

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy January 31, 2011 at 4:52 am

I like the new look, sometimes a change is good!

If you have any recipe that has hot sauce or buffalo wings sauce, send it over to me for Blogger Secret Ingredient BSI this week. I’m hosting and will do a round up next Sunday of all the recipes. It can be a past recipe as long as you include a link. More info on my blog!

Prerna@IndianSimmer January 30, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I want a facelift too for my blog and a boobjob if possible at the same time!! :D
LOVE the new VERY CULINARY! The earthy colors used here are some of my favorites and it really good. Congratulations Amy! Enjoy your new self :-)

Amy January 31, 2011 at 7:13 am

Oh, Prerna…LMAO. Too too funny. A 2 for 1, right? I’ll take a tummy tuck, thankyouverymuch. Thanks so much sweetheart. I appreciate your kind words.

Bobette January 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Love it! Contemporary and classic at the same time.

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary January 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Because it’s you and you know me, I know I can say this and you will understand….I AM SO JEALOUS!! I want my blog to look as beautiful as yours does *sniff*. Do you think your friend could have pity on me and made me something just as spiffy? Tell him I will send him pie, lol.

Just kidding…..I’m so happy for you. Someday I will get off my tush and do something wonderful with my blog, until then I’ll just envy yours! Oh and great job Paul!! Whoo hoooO!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm

*snort* I totally know what you’re saying! Like how jealous I get every single time I click on over to your place and think “Damn, I want my pictures to look like hers!” Love ya, Lisa :D

Paul January 30, 2011 at 4:45 pm

All you, Amy. I just put the code behind it. The site looks abfab.

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Love you Pup. So much.

Melissa January 30, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I love it SO. MUCH. SOOOOO much. Congratulations!!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Thanks, M. Really. You know your opinion means a lot.

Stephanie @ Per l'Amore del Cibo January 30, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Love, love LOVE the new look, Amy! The colors are outstanding, the fonts are so cute, and I’m pumped that you keps the oven mit. :)

<3 you and your blog so much, girl! Congrats on all the hard work (you too, Paul) finally coming together!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Thanks, Steph!! I love my oven mitt :D And love you too babe.

Jen January 30, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Ame, I love it! Really love it! I’m bummed you lost all of the comments, though. :o( Soooo…what’s the “shop” button about?

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Hee hee. I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you :D You’ll see…

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen January 30, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Congratulations on the new look! Looks great, well worth the hard work and any pain that may have gone into the design process!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Ha! It does seem like it now…but it was questionable a week ago. Thanks so much, Sylvie. I appreciate it!

Ethan January 30, 2011 at 12:39 pm

woohooo! I got a feeling of warmth and coziness as soon as I clicked over and I bet that’s the exact same way it feels when someone walks into your kitchen! The header, the site, the colors, they all look great! Congrats:)

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Aaaaah. You’re so sweet!! I hope that’s how people feel when they enter my real kitchen. They certainly aren’t without something to eat for very long.

Mom January 30, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Couldn’t understand why Dad’s monitor showed the red border and mine didn’t. He pointed out that my magnification was too high. Now I see what everyone else sees. Either way, the new site is bright and cheery.
I LOVE the potholder hanging from the “Very.” Love the fonts, colors and layout. So Congrats on all the hard work.

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Thanks, Mom! I knew YOU would point out the mitt hanging off the “V” – I love it too.

Jude January 30, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Agreed! The changes are clean and smart. Happy to see the iconic oven mitt.

Kudos to the creative team.

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Several others were glad to see the oven mitt stay. But, of course! *I* love the oven mitt. Thanks, Jude :D

Kathy - Cooking On the Side January 30, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Loving the new look, Amy – congrats!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Thanks Kathy!! I feel like a new woman. Lol.

Dad January 30, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Love it all except for the fact that when I searched for “Marzipan,” there were no results. Story of my life.

Congratulations.

Now I have to see what “The Paper Apron” is about.

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:56 pm

LOL. Well I’ve found that having extremely low expectations delivers better results.

Kathleen S January 30, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I just LOVE the new look, and I am so happy that you love it so much. Yay you and yay Paul. I will keep returning, I promise, but know that I would have kept returning anyway!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Hee hee. Thanks, Kathleen…I know you’re a long time and loyal Very Culinary follower. And one of the few that actually comes back to tell me how a recipe came out. I love that!

foodwanderings January 30, 2011 at 11:45 am

Love the new look Amy. Crisp and clean and yet whimsy and fun just like you:). Congratulation I know much work must have gone into it but well worth it!!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Thanks so much, Shulie! That is exactly what I was going for, so I’m thrilled to hear it was executed well :D

the wicked noodle January 30, 2011 at 10:47 am

WOW!! It’s soooo awesome!! Very exciting. I’ve been waiting and waiting for the unveiling and you totally did not disappoint. Tell Paul he did a fab job (and so did Mike). Congrats!!

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Thanks Kristy! Although, you know we never stop tweaking, right? At least I’m done for a while!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel January 30, 2011 at 10:36 am

Awww so pretty! Love it – congrats to your new look :)

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Thanks, Rachel! I really appreciate it.

Lauren at KeepItSweet January 30, 2011 at 10:35 am

Your new header is terrific! I also love the fonts. Nice work:-)

Amy January 30, 2011 at 7:58 pm