Rasp-Blueberrylicious Smoothie

Post image for Rasp-Blueberrylicious Smoothie

by Amy Flanigan on March 17, 2011 · 17 comments

We road the Reduction high all last week. What an absolute gas to have our video picked up by The Daily What, and then Comedy Central’s Tosh.O. I mean…pinch me. The YouTube numbers stand at over 33,000 and continue to climb, although have slowed down considerably. We enjoyed our 15 minutes.

Enormous thank you to everyone who watched it, were entertained by it, and continue to share it.

The funny thing, to me anyway, was that 17 people asked me what kind of smoothie I was making in the video. Oh my goodness, how much do I love my readers? Paying attention to such things! A few of them pointing out that Spring is just around the corner. While that’s true, I actually make smoothies every week, all year long.

This is just one of my favorites.

Rasp-Blueberrylicious Smoothie
Makes 2 smoothies (about 4 cups)
Total time: 5 minutes

• 1 (14 ounce) container raspberry sorbet (such as Haagen Dazs)
• 1 (6 ounce) container plain yogurt
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
• 1/2 cup regular or low-fat milk

Place all ingredients in a blender, starting with the milk. Blend on low to chop, finishing on high to completely blend. Pour evenly into two tumbler glasses and enjoy!

restaurants Québécois January 18, 2012 at 11:34 am

Thanks for this recipee, I love smoothies beacause they are delicious ans healthy!

Ethan March 21, 2011 at 6:51 am

I have a smoothie pretty much every morning and i’m always impressed with how they taste because I change it up based on what I have and it always tastes great!
Congrats on the 15 minutes of fame…something tells me it’ll happen again:)

Kim March 20, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I do love smoothies. One year, I made one every morning until one day I woke up and cooked a pot of oatmeal. Felt like Forrest Gump when he stopped running.
This looks so fruity and energizing! And I need more of that in my life.

Amy March 21, 2011 at 7:20 am

Ha! Great analogy. I was like that with yogurt and granola for breakfast. It went on forever, until my sister introduced me to crusty bread, jam, and ricotta. Then I ate nothing other than that for months. When I fall, I fall hard.

lo March 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm

This looks suspiciously like breakfast to me! We drink smoothies made with frozen fruit & kefir just about every weekday. Lately it’s been pineapple & peaches we froze last summer… but I’m looking forward to something more berry-like, just as soon as berries come back into season here in WI. In the meantime, I’ll just glance at this picture every now and again and swoon.

lo March 20, 2011 at 1:43 pm

And super-uber-congrats on the video :) I’m always rooting for you guys to hit the bigtime with your projects, and this was no exception!

Amy March 21, 2011 at 7:16 am

Pineapple and peaches is a great combo. I freeze berries when they’re in season just so I don’t have to wait another year. Last year I bought so many strawberries from Costco, I barely had room for them in my freezer.

roz March 18, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Just bought fresh berries yesterday. . . this is perfect timing and I’m needing one of these delish smoothies right now! Already following; hope you stop by to share a post on my weekend get-together if you like.

maggie March 18, 2011 at 10:55 am

I loved your photo of your smoothie. It’s what I would love to have right now. Delish and healthy too, perfect combination.

Anne March 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

Sorbet! Why hasn’t anyone ever told me about that until now?And here I am making my smoothies with just fruit and yogurt. I have been missing out, big time. Will try this next time, for sure.

Amy March 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Well, most people equate smoothies with healthy. And the minute you add in sorbet, it becomes slightly unhealthy? I figure with the added fruit and yogurt, it’s still better than chowing down on a box of Oreos, right? I will say this…it’s sublime. Go make one, you’ll love it!

Joanne March 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Woot woot! I’m basically famous by association now! And for that I love you.

I also need your autograph. K thanks.

Somehow I didn’t notice the smoothie. Probably because I don’t have a blender and thus was blocking it out so that I wouldn’t feel bad about not having a blender. The smoothie sounds awesome though. I should buy a blender.

Amy March 18, 2011 at 12:38 pm

One of my Facebook followers declared the same thing. How does anyone not have a blender? I use mine almost every day. I am speechless. This is not acceptable and I will be pacing for the rest of the day. Please send help.

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary March 17, 2011 at 12:39 pm

*sniff* I can say “I knew her when”, lol.

Oh and btw…what took you so f*cking long to make this video??? Channeling the Comedy Central writer. Potty mouth.

Amy March 18, 2011 at 12:37 pm

We just watched the original movie! I know, we’re soooo behind. We live a sad and uneventful life ;-)

Melissa March 17, 2011 at 11:57 am

YUM. Dying for one of these right now.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy March 17, 2011 at 10:40 am

Loved the video and this smoothie looks awesome! Thanks!