A Day In The Life

Post image for A Day In The Life

by Amy Flanigan on September 15, 2011 · 17 comments

Time: 8:56 am

Weather outside: 62.4 °F and sunny, but windy

On my desk: latest issue of Food Network magazine, a check for $23, stack of Publishers Terms and Conditions

On the back of my chair: 4 sweat jackets. 4!

On my feet: sneakers

On my nightstand: dust :(

In my Amazon shopping cart: Pinocchio 70th Anniversary Blu-Ray

In the movie queue: Bill Maher’s Religulous

In the oven: big ‘ol Russet potatoes

In my ears: (foreground) Trevor playing pretend “attack of the giant Garden spiders” (background) classic Billy Joel

In my tummy: orange juice and string cheese

In my future: Chocolate-Filled Ebelskiver Pancakes

On tap for dinner: Tomato soup with grilled cheese

Latest obsession: Archer Farms Dill Pickle Cashews

Happy Thursday! What’s on your desk? In your Amazon shopping cart? On tap for dinner?

Melissa September 16, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I’m just gonna do mine right here.

Time: 3:10 pm
Weather outside: warm, barely sunny
On my desk: Amazon box with new Star Wars blu-ray set
On the back of my chair: nothing, but I totally relate to the multiple sweat jackets draped over the chair thing hehe
On my feet: running shoes
On my nightstand: lamp
In my Amazon shopping cart: nothing in my cart, tons of house stuff on my wish list ;)
In the movie queue: The Town
In the oven: nothing now, but soon… vegan, gluten-free Mexican casserole some friends are bringing for themselves for later… *no comment*
In my ears: not a thing, just as I like it for large chunks of the day
In my tummy: apple
In my future: evening with friends
On tap for dinner: chicken broccoli pasta, at least for me and Steve
Latest obsession: old Windows games (minesweeper, spider solitaire)

Amy September 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Hee heee. Star Wars blu-ray set…jealous. Vegan/gluten-free Mexican casserole…not jealous *cough* *wink*. Chicken Broccoli pasta…now you’re talkin’. The Town! Paul has that on our list, too. Maybe next week? The games…you know I love the games. I miss playing.

I love your list!

Melissa September 19, 2011 at 8:10 am

Somehow I knew you would understand about old Windows games. I had to take them off my old computer so I would stop playing them. ;)

Also… the Mexican casserole. Steve and I both ate it with them and it was reeeeally good. O.o Go figure.

Jenna September 16, 2011 at 6:58 am

On my feet: nothing! And I’m at the office. But since my boss wanders around barefoot too, I figure it’s all good in the hood.
In my future (VERY near future): one freshly brewed cup of coffee. I’m about to take the first sip.
I love Fridays!

Amy September 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I’d say you work for a pretty forward-thinking boss…hope he has short toe nails! ;-)

Joanne September 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm

This is good…now I feel like I’m sitting next to you. Or at least WAS sitting next to you while you were typing this. I’m posting about tomato soup and grilled cheese tomorrow! We are psychically linked.

Amy September 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Naturally. Although I have no doubt your grilled cheese and tomato soup will be on the gourmet side and not pedestrian like mine!

Mom September 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Love this, so here goes:

On the back of my chair: 1 sweat jacket
On my feet: socks
On my nightstand: book collecting dust
In my Amazon shopping cart: I don’t have one
In the oven: a 12″ skillet with no place to go
In my ears: constant self chatter
In my tummy: 1/2 roast beef sandwich
In my future: hopefully, PEACE IN MY VALLEY
On tap for dinner: scrounging for leftovers
Latest obsession: my grand kids and what they are doing
On my desk: too many tasks to which I must attend
Recipes to try: Too many to count

Amy September 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Thanks for playing, Mom! And you only get peace in your valley when I do! Love your latest obsession :D

Melissa@IWasBornToCook September 15, 2011 at 9:16 am

I like this!

weather – 74 and rainy
in my oven – eggplant parmigiana
on tap for dinner – see above, with pasta and salad
in my tummy – just had matzo ball soup for lunch … http://iwasborntocook.blogspot.com/2011/09/jewish-penicillin-daring-cooks.html
on my feet – nothing
in my ears – NOTHING. My 3 y/o is napping and I’m enjoying the silence :)
in my future – some kind of chocolate cannoli cream cake that I’m making my brother for his birthday
in my Amazon cart – nothing, but compiling a Christmas wish list for my daughter

Amy September 15, 2011 at 11:49 am

Greetings Melissa and welcome! Matzo ball soup? So near and dear to my heart…wish I had that for lunch.

The silence of naps are absolutely glorious – both mine gave up napping way too early at 2 1/2. I remember crying, laying fetal in the corner. Noooooo!

And, ahem, chocolate cannoli cream cake. HELLO.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel September 15, 2011 at 8:59 am

I’ve so seriously got to steal this idea sometime. Love it. So simple and fun :) Hmm no desk here, dinner… maybe tacos?, amazon… an ice cream book and cheesecake pan which have both been sitting there for a while. I tend to shop and add but never buy.

Amy September 15, 2011 at 11:45 am

Rachel – I do the same exact thing. My Amazon cart grows and grows until I end up moving it to my “wish list”…and then that keeps growing.

Sandi Benoit September 15, 2011 at 8:23 am

Gee, on my desk are bills to be paid, under the desk, the dog…In my amazon cart is a buck of half price dinosaurs (christmas gift) For dinner , stuffed tomatoes!!!

Amy September 15, 2011 at 11:43 am

Ya, bills…I have those too. But they’re buried. I’m hoping they’ll magically go away. Stuffed tomatoes? Yum-o!