Prosciutto-Wrapped Turkey, Avocado & Swiss Panini

Prosciutto-Wrapped Turkey, Avocado & Swiss Panini | Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on November 24, 2011 · 30 comments

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know you’re all anticipating the big feast in a few hours and not really thinking about the day after. But chances are you will have left over turkey tomorrow. If so, you need to make this. If you don’t have left over turkey, go and buy some…so you can make this.

Yes, I’m aware it will be Black Friday, and trust me, nobody wants to shop less than I do. I loathe shopping. Like I’d rather have blood drawn than go shopping. But this sandwich is totally worth a trip to the store if you don’t have the ingredients on hand.

I took one bite of my sandwich and almost confiscated Paul’s.

So good. So so good.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Turkey, Avocado & Swiss Panini

• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons oil packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
• 4 slices Italian bread, such as Ciabatta or Pugliese
• 2 slices prosciutto
• 2 large slices of roasted turkey breast
• 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
• 4 slices Swiss cheese

Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat (375 degrees).

In a small bowl, combine the mayo and sundried tomatoes.

On one side of each slice of bread, evenly spread the sundried tomato mayonnaise. For the bottom half of each sandwich, lay a piece of swiss cheese down. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each slice of turkey breast and place it onto the swiss cheese.  Add avocado, and top it off with another piece of swiss cheese. Close the sandwich with the top half of Italian bread.

Grill for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.

(adapted from Kathy at Panini Happy)

Lisa December 2, 2011 at 7:57 am

If you sundried tomato pesto instead of sundried tomatoes, it tastes even better :)

Andrea (Quest for Delish) November 29, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Looks very good. I love sandwiches

Eliana November 29, 2011 at 11:54 am

Now this is one mighty fine lookin turkey sandwich!

Culinary Collage November 29, 2011 at 7:16 am

This looks like the perfect way to use up left over turkey!

Rebecca November 28, 2011 at 11:49 am

Holy man. That sandwich is a thing of beauty. Now I suppose I need to go get a panini maker.

Jenna November 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

I wish I had leftover turkey . . . but since I don’t, I may have to buy some just to make this. And though I don’t generally loathe shopping, wild horses couldn’t drag me out on the morning of Black Friday! Yikes. No deal (for me) is worth that kind of madness.

Becki's Whole Life November 28, 2011 at 3:38 am

This sounds awesome. Love the avocado and proscuitto here paired up with the leftover turkey!

Mom November 27, 2011 at 5:40 pm

These were so good, I’m almost tempted to buy a Panini grill. The operative word is “tempted!” The crunch from the bread, the melted cheese and melded flavors made this a 5-star lunch.

Amy November 27, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Aaah, thanks Mom! You show such great restraint on buying…I think Randy will get one the day after he returns home!

Jen November 27, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Ok, so I’m a lucky girl! So lucky that the chef herself made one for me! They are SO yummy! I will definitely be making these myself as well. Thanks Ame!

Amy November 27, 2011 at 5:53 pm

You’re so much fun to cook for. I thought about you and Jay the first time I made them. The panini…and the ingredients. I knew you’d love.

Anne November 26, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Oh man. I’m going to make about 40 of these. Not just because they look face-meltingly good, but because with all the leftover turkey I have, I can.

Amy November 26, 2011 at 3:42 pm

You should! That turkey ain’t going to eat itself, you know. And 40 is not unrealistic, trust me. This sandwich? Sigh…I dare you. I double dare you.

Melissa November 26, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Oh yeah. Preaching to the choir. My favorite sandwich of all time is turkey, bacon, avocado, cheese, pressed and warm. Simple bliss.

Amy November 26, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Well, of course! Our taste buds were cut from the same cloth, right? But honestly, who wouldn’t love this combination…

Lora November 26, 2011 at 8:32 am

Typically, I am not a fan of leftover turkey. This has me craving more. Loved this the day after, and hope to get more swiss and pancetta today for a second day-after day. Yummm!

Amy November 26, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Hi Lora! *waves* Wasn’t it yummy?! I’ve made it three days in row, I can’t get enough.

Mary November 26, 2011 at 5:36 am

This looks heavenly!!! I clicked over from Joanne’s and I’m happy I did. This sandwich is making me grin at 6am. I just might brave a store to make it!

Amy November 26, 2011 at 7:22 am

Greetings, Mary…so happy to have you here! Joanne usually makes ME smile at 6am, so I’m so glad I could pass along the favor to one of her readers :D And the sandwich? Go…go to the store now. You will not be sorry.

Joanne November 25, 2011 at 11:46 am

food shopping is the only kind of shopping I like to do on black friday. The supermarkets are EMPTY.

But I wonder. If we all hate shopping so much…who exactly is making the stores so crowded?

marla November 25, 2011 at 10:01 am

Love this use for those leftovers! Adding the link to my blog post today :)

Amy November 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

Thanks, Marla! Much appreciated. And also? Your photos galleries are gorgeous!

Anna November 24, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Gosh! I don’t have avocado :(
And I have everything ready… I am still in the mood after an advanced thanksgiving celeb with a couple of friends…
I hope it will still taste ok without the avocado…

Amy November 24, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I think it would still be yummy without it…although the avocado definitely adds to the textures, flavor, and certainly color. I hope it still turned out ??

Anna November 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Exactly what I need after swearing I will not have a bit of turkey at least for the week…I am sure a lot of us are looking for great Turkey leftover recipes. Why haven’t I thought of a panini for the leftover from last night’s? I am gonna make this today. I can do without Black Friday, anyway! Thanks for sharing!

dina November 24, 2011 at 3:17 pm

i want this.

Dad November 24, 2011 at 10:21 am

Take out the avocado, and I’ll take three.