Baked Salami Mozzarella Bites

Baked Salami Mozzarella Bites from Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on January 24, 2012 · 31 comments

There is also much joy when I try a recipe I’ve had printed out, and thus removing it from my ever-growing stack. Pinterest is not helping this situation. With everything I’ve book marked in the last week, my folder will never get smaller. Ever. This is very troubling.

Pinterest is ruining my life! (Nah, I love it. A little too much.)

And I love these. One of the first items I noticed from my friend Sherrill. Although I altered them. Added salami, omitted the salt, made them bite size.

Let them cool slightly so they don’t burn your tongue, but not too long…you want the cheese to still be gooey.

Baked Salami Mozzarella Bites
Makes 32 (or you can make as many as you want!)

• 8 pieces of string cheese cut in half, lengthwise, and then cut in half again, lengthwise
• 32 won ton wrappers
• 32 salami rounds
• olive oil
• Pizza, marinara, or spaghetti sauce for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking with a silpat matte or foil coated with cooking spray.

Place a piece of salami near the bottom corner of one won ton wrapper, then lay a piece of string cheese on top of that. Wrap tightly like a burrito, by folding the bottom corner over cheese, rolling one turn, folding sides in, and continue to roll. Moisten remaining corner with water to seal.

Place all the rolled wrappers on the baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.

Bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool slightly. Serve with dipping sauce of your choosing.

(adapted from Recipe Diaries)

karina January 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm

What kind of dipping sauce would you recommend?

Amy @Very Culinary January 14, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Pizza, marinara, or spaghetti sauce.

Stephanie January 30, 2012 at 7:26 am

I’m on Pinterest, but I have yet to get into it the way everyone else in the world has. Either I don’t have time or I just don’t get it. Either way, I’m not TOO torn up that I don’t have another obsession (yet).

I love these! They’re like little Italian egg rolls. They would be a perfect Super Bowl snack!

Joanne (Inspired Taste) January 25, 2012 at 7:41 am

Love this. So simple, but would totally go down well at a party. Thanks for the inspiration!
-Joanne

Joanne January 24, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Well you’ll be happy to know that I FINALLY joined pinterest. AND…if I show up at your door uninvited with all of my belongings…you’ll know that I’ve gotten kicked out of school because of it and am using your place as my hideout from my parents. Deal?

Amy January 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm

LMAO. Seriously, J…you’re never going to have time to study! My door is always open to you. I’ll be like the witness protection program.

Nancy Bell Ringer-TheDishDiva January 24, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Amy~
These look super delish and I am going to add them to my stack of ever growing discoveries! I totally hear you about Pinterest!! I am obsessed–I click on a pin…and it takes me to a swell blog (like yours:)…I have to peruse it and then I glance to the right, and you have friends with blogs….Will it never end??!!?? And to top it all off, I found Foodgawker…nuf said….
Happy Cooking!

Amy January 25, 2012 at 6:39 am

Hi Nancy! HA…ya. It’s definitely a domino effect. And Foodgawker…another wonderful time waster. All the pretty pictures. Is it any wonder why we’re hungry all the time?? Thanks for stopping over!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet January 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm

These look delicious and seriously addicting!

Jen January 24, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Superbowl snack??? :o)
Slurp.

Amy January 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm

My list of Superbowl food is expanding by the minute. I need to step away from the computer!

Jill Mant~a SaucyCook January 24, 2012 at 11:36 am

Boy talk about fusion! I love the idea of combing hearty Italian fillings with supple Asian WonTon Wrappers. My daughter has been pushing me towards Pinterest, but honestly I’m afraid!

Amy January 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm

It’s definitely a black hole! I’m going to need an intervention soon.

Cathy January 24, 2012 at 9:44 am

Nice. And I love the stuff about the list and crossing things out twice!

Note to self: Comment on Amy’s blog.

Done.

Amy January 24, 2012 at 9:50 am

Cathy! I love when I see your name pop up. I always know I’m about to laugh. Done.

Jenna January 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

That’s why I’m staying away from Pinterest–I have enough stuff to make saved in my Tasty Kitchen recipe box and from old print-outs (and cookbooks) to keep me busy for years. =) I think it would just overwhelm me with a sense of never being able to get everything done. But I’m glad other people are enjoying it! =) And I’m glad you made this awesome little recipe, which looks perfect for my Bible study (which we’re hosting again next week–so I don’t have to wait long to make ‘em).

Amy January 24, 2012 at 9:49 am

Jenna, I hear ya. Really. I don’t sleep much ;-)

denise January 24, 2012 at 9:10 am

omg these look amazing. i cannot wait to try them! (and super helpful since my 4yr old is on a salami kick!!!)

Amy January 24, 2012 at 9:45 am

Hi Denise – that’s funny…my kids are on a salami kick also, which is what gave me the idea :D

pam January 24, 2012 at 8:55 am

I always add thing to my list just to cross them off. AND I am adding this to my list!

Amy January 24, 2012 at 9:46 am

Somehow I knew that would resonate with you too, Pam. What are we? O.C.D.? A.D.D.? Type A? All of the above?

Melissa January 24, 2012 at 8:50 am

“There is much joy when I get to cross stuff off a to-do list. Sometimes I get so excited, I put two lines through the item. Oh, yes I do! Sometimes I even write things on a list that I’ve already accomplished, just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off. Can you imagine?!”

Can I imagine? Ummm…. *whistles*

;P

Amy January 24, 2012 at 9:43 am

Hee. I KNEW if you read this, you could relate. *high five*

the wicked noodle January 24, 2012 at 8:39 am

Oh my! I love you for this! Well, I already loved you, but now I love you EVEN MORE. Pure YUM!! I’m adding these to my Super Bowl spread.

Eliana January 24, 2012 at 8:24 am

These look incredible Amy! I may need to add them to my super bowl spread this year.

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary January 24, 2012 at 8:17 am

Ah man and here I was thinking you got them from me!

I’ll just think that in my head anyway!

You are right about Pinterest. It has made my “to make” file impossible!

Amy January 24, 2012 at 8:23 am

Whoa! I think I even printed those out last year. I’m sure I did. But then I got sidetracked by the bacon chicken wraps…and they got buried in my never ending pile. All this really does is confirm again that we like the same food :D

I just know I’m going to end up one of those “pinners” who pins things over and over again because I forget I already pinned it. Oy.

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary January 24, 2012 at 8:28 am

We are very alike foodwise. I do that all the time with the pinning, then I have to go edit. Those Bacon Chicken Wraps are like crack. My family asks for them like every week.

Amy January 24, 2012 at 8:48 am

I’ve made them more times than I can count. My BIL requests them frequently. They’re chicken candy!

Sandi January 24, 2012 at 7:49 am

Another one for my Super Bowl snack list…..(John’s going to be helping on this one!) T.Y Amy!

Amy January 24, 2012 at 8:26 am

By all means enlist John’s help – two sets of hands will cut the prep by 1/2. And hey, he benefits in the end :D