Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese

Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese | Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on February 16, 2012 · 20 comments

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

That’s me. Taking a nice, healthy deep breath in, stretching, and relaxing my shoulders.

The holidays are history. Check. Superbowl is done. Check. Valentine’s Day has past. Check. And unless you all reeaalllly want to see green food, I can forget about St. Patty’s Day. So now, I can just cook and not be concerned with deadlines for a while.

Let’s get to this non-event-non-themed-but-completely-fantastic pizza.

Pizza. Shrimp. Garlic. Yes, yes, yeeees. And pesto, which I’ve decided is the wonder spread – a little goes a long way, adding such great flavor to everything. Goat cheese haters in your house? Just leave it off their portions. It won’t be the same, though. The goat cheese is what takes this pizza from yummy to absolutely dreamy.

Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese
Makes 4 individual pizzas

• 4 (6 inch) round pizza crusts or flat breads
• 2 heaping tablespoons pesto spread
• 20 small-medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place your crusts on nonstick baking sheets. Evenly distribute and spread the pesto over each crust; set aside.

Coat the shrimp with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the garlic and some salt and pepper. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, sear the shrimp for about 1 minute, flip and cook for another 30 seconds.

Place 5 shrimp on each pizza, sprinkle with the mozzarella and goat cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown on the edges. Let cool for just a minute or so and serve.

(adapted from Live Love Travel)

Lauren September 23, 2014 at 10:12 am

Trying this tonight, adding spinach and diced tomatoes!! Can’t wait!

Amy @Very Culinary September 23, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Awesome, enjoy!

Anna January 29, 2014 at 9:57 pm

wow! This looks amazing~~~
I don’t like goat cheese, but it still looks amazing! so much so that I think I’m beginning to feel hungry again? haha, jk.

Ellie August 29, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Hi! Do you have a recipe that you like to use for pesto or do you buy it? If you do buy, which brand? Thanks! Looks delish!

Amy August 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Hi Ellie – I do make my own quite often, but don’t really have/follow a favorite recipe. My local market carries a brand called Arthur’s that I like.

Stephanie February 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

ANYTHING with goat cheese is instantly better. I am a big fan of pesto pizza, but I’ve never done the pesto/goat cheese combo. This is a MUST try. Mental note, made. <3

Lana February 19, 2012 at 1:29 am

I love white pizza! Ever since we had it at Tybee Island, Georgia some years ago (more than I want to think about:), I prefer it to the original (horrors, I know:)
We just had pesto for dinner – I can never get tired of it!
Great combination of flavors! And I love, love, love goat cheese:)

Joanne February 17, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Pesto and goat cheese are serious miracle workers. I could put them on celery and perhaps even like it (doubtful…but it’s worth a shot!). Loving the sound of these pizzas. the perfect cook-whatever-you-want kinda meal. Cause this is SO what I want now.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking February 17, 2012 at 10:54 am

What a delish idea for pizza! Love the flavors you used.

Kim February 17, 2012 at 8:29 am

It’s downright shameful, when it’s breakfast time (okay, 11:30!), I’m still in my p.j.’s but my mouth starts watering over garlic and shrimp pizza! Why do you do this to me?? And I do like your Mom’s idea about subbing feta! I’m a goat cheese fan but I bet feta would also give this a nice kick in the taste buds.

Mom February 16, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Would feta be an acceptable substitute for goat cheese?

Amy February 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Feta is crumbly and salty, goat cheese is creamy and slightly tangy…so, sure you could substitute, but you’ll get a different tasting pizza. I think it would still be yummy, though!

Amy February 16, 2012 at 10:27 am

Nah, we don’t need green food, but maybe Irish food would be fun! I love your blog.

Jude February 16, 2012 at 10:24 am

Ooh, I want this with a glass of sauv blanc right now.

pam February 16, 2012 at 9:21 am

I heard that all the really amazing bloggers are posting recipes using pesto today :)

Jenna February 16, 2012 at 8:01 am

Amy, your recipes never fail to draw me in! I’ll have to fit this into the menu soon.
And also, I made your salami mozzarella bites last week for my Bible study, and they were DEVOURED. What an awesome and easy appetizer!!

Bev Weidner February 16, 2012 at 7:34 am

This owns my ENTIRE LIFE.

Becki's Whole Life February 16, 2012 at 7:03 am

This sounds amazing! Loving goat cheese and the pesto and shrimp sounds wonderful.

Sandi February 16, 2012 at 6:53 am

OH !!!!!

the wicked noodle February 16, 2012 at 6:50 am

I make this exact pizza! Except that I make mine on the grill, but the ingredients are the same. LOVE!! It’s such a great flavor combination.