Dill Pickle Dip

Dill Pickle Dip from Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on February 21, 2012 · 21 comments

We’re big subscribers to dill pickled food – dill pickle potato chips, dill pickle cashews, dill yogurt, dill flavored cream cheese…and of course, dill pickles in their natural form. We all eat them like they’re candy. Paul even drinks the juice once the last pickle is gone. (If you’re unfamiliar with his love for dill pickles, you can catch up here.)

Needless to say, when I spot something with dill, there’s a pretty good chance it’s getting made. I pinned a dill pickle dip on Pinterest, but my friend Rebecca jumped on it with lightening speed. And in her infinite culinary wisdom, altered it to perfection, posted it, and dangled it in front of me like a carrot to a rabbit. Thank goodness.

I made this over the weekend. And even my friend Heather, a proclaimed sweet pickle devotee, really liked it. Dill pickle fans, it’s worth mentioning that you might want to double the recipe.

Dill Pickle Dip
Makes approximately 2 cups

• 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
• 1 cup finely chopped dill pickles
• 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
• 3 tablespoons pickle juice
• 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• pinch black pepper

Using a wooden spoon, press into the cream cheese and stir to loosen until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour before serving.

Serve with pretzels or veggies, or spread on a bun for a hamburger.

Dip can be stored, tightly covered in the refrigerator, up to a week (although it will loosen as the days go by.)

(originally from Foodie with Family)

brenda November 17, 2013 at 9:50 am

I add horseradish and mayo to mine and use food processor to grind up pickles!! Homemade horseradish

diana March 9, 2013 at 2:40 pm

this dip was delicious! we ate it with pretzels, but also on our salmon and potato pancakes!

denise February 24, 2013 at 9:15 am

All I had was a tub of cream cheese spread this time…..so I used it…..it was so much more soft and dippy! Loved it!

Urban Ronja December 17, 2012 at 4:34 am

Looks really delish!

Lana September 1, 2012 at 3:16 pm

My husband and I are not straight pickle fans at all- but we LOVE Philly Dill Pickle Dip! It’s so expensive though. This comes REALLY close to that! We made it as-is the first time around, but next time we’ll use half the amount of pickles and chop them super fine. Otherwise- it tastes amazing!! Definitely on the keeper list!

Rhonda February 22, 2012 at 7:34 am

Dill pickle juice…slurp! Yes I am a dill pickle fan, I even have dill pickle salt that I put on popcorn, boiled eggs, etc. Totally pinning this and will definitely double the recipe when I make it! BTW, traveled here via Foodgawker.

Larkin February 22, 2012 at 5:38 am

Just reading your comments sent me running to the fridge for pickles for breakfast! (Then my son – who I call Pickle because he’s my favorite thing, too, insisted on the same! LOL!) I may be making this tonight!

Kimmy @ Lighter and Local February 21, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I love pickles… and dill… and dip. I’m in love!

Joanne February 21, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I’m pretty much a pickle equal opportunist…dill, sweet, I love em all! I may or may not also drink pickle juice (especially when marathon training…all that salt!!). Definitely need this. And a good bagel to smear it on.

Rachel February 21, 2012 at 4:45 pm

omg.

I could eat an entire bucket of this! With pita chips? *DIES*

Heather February 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

That’s right! After trying this dip, I might just convert back to eating dill pickles again. It was deelish!

Paul @ Experiate February 21, 2012 at 9:55 am

This is like eating a pickle topped with rainbows and the laughter of babies. And I totally drank the rest of the pickle juice after Amy put the pickles in this.

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary February 21, 2012 at 10:26 am

I drink the pickle juice too Paul! I also save it for potato salad, and freeze it and make pickle juice ice….ok I’m lying about the last one, but the first two are totally true.

Rebecca February 21, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Let me tell you, I’m a pickle juice person, too. But my husband is the biggest pickle juice fan of all. In fact, he likes it so much that my mom made him a special “cocktail” for him to drink at our wedding table. It was a concoction of pickle juice and black and green olive juices. It looked so nasty, but he drank it up and wanted more!

pam February 21, 2012 at 8:00 am

Huge dill pickle fan here!!!

the wicked noodle February 21, 2012 at 7:39 am

I am SO putting this on a giant hot dog!!

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary February 21, 2012 at 7:35 am

I love this dip! I made it over the weekend. So good! I want my husband to make burgers just so I can put some of this on them!

I was going to post this on my blog and then I saw that you were going to post it, so I figured I’d wait and post it next week, cause that’s what we blogger sistas do! I love that we have the kind of friendship amongst our little group that we can all make the same recipe and share it without any grips or bad feelings. I think that’s a rare thing in the blogger community.

Amy February 21, 2012 at 10:53 am

You totally could have posted it! Honestly. But no doubt, you were thoughtful to wait. It’s interesting…I’m always thrilled when other bloggers make (and post) my stuff. It’s the highest compliment. I think Rebecca would have been thrilled if we both posted it at the same time :D

Rebecca February 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm

TOTALLY THRILLED that everyone loves it enough to want to post it. Can we have a pickle club? CAN WE? Please???? You all know how many jars of pickles I put up every summer, right?

Sandi February 21, 2012 at 7:20 am

Paul and John must be related. I swear John has pickle juice running though his veins….Might even throw it together for him, this weekend. Something to help take his mind off of doing taxes…LOL

Amy February 21, 2012 at 10:41 am

We’re prepping our taxes, too. Definitely not fun like eating dip :(