A Day In The Life

Post image for A Day In The Life

by Amy Flanigan on May 21, 2012 · 17 comments

Time: 6:58 am

Weather outside: 57 degrees and sunny

On my desk: an article about landscaping solutions, Old Navy gift card, multicolored post-it notes, dust

On my nightstand: Cakewalk, A Memoir

On TiVo: Awake, The Pitch, Big Bang Theory reruns, Celebrity Apprentice series finale

In my ears: the side gate rattling

In my garden: lots of ripe snap peas and strawberries, plus tomato and pepper blooms (YAY!!)

In the oven: lemon poppyseed muffins

In my tummy: Captain Crunch cereal

In my future: treadmill workout

On tap for dinner: Hamburgers

Latest obsession:Fig Newton Fruit Thins

On my mind: Memorial Day weekend, Haley’s dance recital, summer break

Happy Monday! What’s everyone got planned for the upcoming holiday weekend?

the wicked noodle May 22, 2012 at 4:11 am

LOVE this post!! What a great idea. I may have to steal it ;-) I love that you put “dust” as one of the things on your desk. You’re preaching to the choir there, sister! xo

Joanne May 21, 2012 at 5:39 pm

You have lemon poppyseed muffins in the oven and you didn’t invite me over?!?!?

Amy May 21, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Well, I don’t have them anymore, silly. That was 10 hours ago ;-)

Jude May 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm

They are beautiful! And from your garden? Get OUT! We bought ours from the market to have with maple glazed salmon last night, but there’s nothing like fresh from the garden.

Summer brings – A job with a new company after a mini-break from the beige cube; A week on Lake Superior with friends and the pups; As much time with friends and family as possible. Oh, and wine. Lots and lots of wine.

Amy May 21, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Aren’t they!? And the taste…goodness. I wish I had an entire acre to grow stuff. You should see my strawberries – Trevor is giddy! Ah, summer on the lake. I do miss the lakes. Not the gigantic bird bugs at the lake, mind you. But yes, the lake.

Dana May 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm

LOVE the picture of snap peas. They are my very favorite veggie in the world. Raw, of course.

Amy May 21, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Thank you! They tasted as good as they look. Fresh, crisp, sort of sweet. Can’t wait to pull more :D

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary May 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm

We are staining 2 decks! Yeah – Not. We took Thurs and Fri off so we’ll get our work done then enjoy the rest of the weekend. No parties planned but I’m sure that we’ll have people over. I’m like a boy scout…prepared if they do!

Amy May 21, 2012 at 6:39 pm

We naturally packed way too much into the weekend, which will leave me pooped come Tuesday, but it’s all fun. No crazy manual labor like you guys. “…like a boy scout…prepared if they do!” Love it, Lisa :D

Tara Noland May 21, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I have had the sound of lawnmowers all day in my ears. A sure sign the snow is gone!! We have such a short season hopefully it is gone until late this year. Your site is lovely! Cheers, Tara

Amy May 21, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Greeting Tara, and thank you! Nice to have you over here. Ugh…the sound of lawnmowers. Almost as bad as leaf blowers. But yay for summer! I used to live in Minnesota, where I swear the winter lasted 9 months out of the year (at least that’s how *I* felt!) I couldn’t plant anything in my garden until after May 31st and then everything died by September because of the cold. I hated it :(

Melissa May 21, 2012 at 8:42 am

Those fruit thins would get me in trouble…

This weekend will be my birthday-slash-18yearstogether anniversary celebration and we’re up to all sorts of trouble. :) I’ll try to take lots of photos.

(wish you were here)

Amy May 21, 2012 at 9:26 am

I knew you’d have a fun-full weekend. Wish I was there to celebrate with you, too :( Those fruit thins come in tons of different flavors, too. Damn you Nabisco!

Ari May 21, 2012 at 8:00 am

My husband is currently building me a raised vegetable garden. Can’t wait to join you with all the fresh veggies! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Amy May 21, 2012 at 9:27 am

Oh, you’ll love it! Nothing like fresh food from your very own garden. Thanks for stopping by, Ari…you have a great weekend too!

Sandi May 21, 2012 at 6:33 am

Wish my day was this easy. My post it notes, are for when bills are due…and they’re done :) Swagbuck’s is done :-) SuperPoints is done:) (working on Christmas gift cards) Went to Pgh this week-end. Now I’m depressed. My dad’s not looking good and we know it’s a mater of time. Just freaking out…..I’m glad your garden is doing good!!!

Amy May 21, 2012 at 6:52 am

Sandi, my life is anything but easy, trust me. Lots (good and bad) going on over here. I just choose to keep my baggage to myself sometimes. The whole world doesn’t need to know about my woes. So very sad to hear about your Dad. ((((hugs)))) to you.