Sparkling Peach Lemonade Cooler

Post image for Sparkling Peach Lemonade Cooler

by Amy Flanigan on June 19, 2012 · 14 comments

When we lived in Minneapolis and the winter temps would drop below 0 degrees, the natives would then start to (mildly) complain. But to me, I was like, “Um…because when it was 5 degrees, that was warm to you?” At a certain point, cold is COLD. Same holds true here in Sacramento. Is 100 that much different than 105? Hot is HOT.

I actually don’t mind the heat (and maybe that’s because I lived in sub-zero weather for so long), but there’s no doubt I prefer 80′s to 100′s. I’d also prefer to have my own pool…

This past week we were well into the triple digits. 104…106…109…it does make me feel a bit lethargic. Also makes me not want to exercise, cook, or get dressed.

It does make me want to eat smoothies, popsicles, and ice cream. And peach lemonade.

Sparkling Peach Lemonade Cooler

• 1 (15 ounce) can peaches in syrup, drained*
• 1/2 cup lemonade
• 2 cups Sprite (or champagne for an adult beverage)
• ice

In a blender, puree the peaches and lemonade until smooth.

Place some ice in the bottom of 4 small glass tumblers. Pour 1/2 cup Sprite (or champagne) over the ice in each glass, topped with an even amount of the peach-lemonade puree. Serve and enjoy!

*Note: or you can use 2 fresh medium ripe peaches with sugar added, but it seemed like more work for the same payout.

(inspired by White on Rice Couple)

Tabitha October 4, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hi, i was justwomdering, where i am from (new zealand) lemonade and sprite are the same thing, what else could lemonade becalled? Lemon squash or something like that?

Amy October 4, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Gosh, I have no idea. In the U.S., Sprite is a colorless, lemon-lime flavored carbonated soft drink. Lemonade is made from lemons, water and sugar. Maybe Google it and make your own? Be even better!

Mom June 21, 2012 at 8:58 pm

This sounds good, but is the lemonade concentrate or diluted?

Amy June 22, 2012 at 4:59 am

I used the “Simply Lemonade” brand, which is made with not-from-concentrate juices and pure ingredients. But you can use whatever kind of lemonade you want.

LP @dishclips June 19, 2012 at 9:18 pm

This looks like a pretty and refreshing drink. Thanks for sharing!

the wicked noodle June 19, 2012 at 5:06 pm

YUM!! What an easy, fun drink!!

Joanne June 19, 2012 at 11:58 am

I agree…I’ve never really understood people complaining about five degree differences in weather. Really? There’s no way you can feel that. I’m all about the refreshing bevs when it gets hot out…and peach anything is surely the way to go!

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary June 19, 2012 at 10:21 am

Sounds so refreshing! We are going from perfect weather (75, sunny and a little breeze) to 95 with 96% humidity! Ugh! I hate the havoic that humidity reeks upon my hair! I think I might have to whip up a batch of this!

Amy June 19, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Oh, the hair…I know. You know, I know. At least here the heat is dry, none of that humid stuff. The curly is bad enough, let alone frizzy.

pam June 19, 2012 at 9:44 am

This sounds refreshing! I never remember to serve it in canning jars – so cute!

Jude June 19, 2012 at 9:13 am

It’s steamy and in the 90s today in Minneapolis. I’d melt if I went outside! So I’ll definitely make this cooler, but be assured, mine will include vodka.

Amy June 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Champagne isn’t good enough for you??? Hee. I thought about you as I was writing, knowing cold is much more up your alley, than hot. And also thinking how nice it would be to sit on a patio and drink one of these with you!

Dana Smith June 19, 2012 at 8:38 am

I grew up near Sacramento and over 100 IS hot! It’s pretty steamy in Iowa today (90s), so I can’t wait to try this tonight! Yum!

Jenna June 19, 2012 at 6:55 am

Yum! I totally have to try this drink. And also, it cracks me up that temps in the 100′s only make you ” a bit lethargic.” Hah. They would pretty much kill me, thus making me 100% lethargic.