A Day In The Life

Post image for A Day In The Life

by Amy Flanigan on August 30, 2012 · 6 comments

Time: 6:24 am

Weather outside: 61.3 degrees and clear (soon to  be sunny, with a high 0f 99. Fall? What’s that?)

On my desk: paint swatches, back to school night folder, and this…laminated. Oh ya, I mean business.

On my nightstand: eye glasses, a walkie-talkie, and a little speed boat made from Legos (a la Trevor.)

On TiVo: zip, zilch, nada, nothin’. When does the new season line-up start for goodness sakes?!

Last movie watched: Bonnie and Clyde (1967), starring Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. It was terrible. The acting, the editing. Ack. Why was this movie so highly praised?

In my ears: our noisy dishwasher. Note to self – run dishwasher at night while sleeping.

In the oven: roasting chicken breasts for these, which freeze really well for lazy or crazy busy days.

In my tummy: poached egg on English muffin, smeared with avocado and topped with salsa. Good morning!

In my future: karate class. For the kids, not me. Although that would be fun. Hm.

On tap for dinner: currently it’s chicken fried rice, but ask me in another 6 hours and it could be take-out.

Latest obsession: OXO’s Pop containers. I love them!…and might need an intervention. Or a second third job.

On my mind: what to wear to an 80′s themed birthday party…should I go Madonna style or Flash Dance? Decisions, decisions.

What’s everyone doing for the long (although never long enough!) holiday weekend?

Ray September 1, 2012 at 4:20 pm

We just bought a bunch of the Pop containers at TJ Maxx/Marshall’s today. Costco also has a good package deal.

Amy September 2, 2012 at 5:18 am

Costco’s package is a good deal IF you want all those different sizes. Some of them are too small for me. I’ll need to check out Marshall’s!

Mom September 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love those OXO Pop containers but don’t own any yet. I keep forgetting to measure shelf height.
Love the “A day In The Life” features, by the way.

Joanne August 30, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Ummm i need a lifetime supply of those containers methinks. And a poached egg with avocado and salsa.

I vote flash dance. In a major way.

Melissa August 30, 2012 at 5:44 am

I can’t wait to buy a bazillion Pop containers for my new pantry. Heee.

I just saw a picture on my tumblr feed of a poached egg on toast with avocado slices and thought “I’d love to have that for breakfast.” *squint*

Kris asked me to work for him this weekend. I said no. He called and sounded so run down and I still said no. *Sigh* Showing the house to mom and sister on Saturday. Packing (I mean it this time!). Running. Relaxing. You?

Amy August 30, 2012 at 7:34 am

You should see my pantry, Melissa. I’m still reorganizing, but I’m in love every time I walk in there! I want to camp out ;-)

The only thing good about packing is discovering things you forgot you had, and the chance to purge all the things you never use.

Mostly a mellow weekend, though we are having friends over Monday – hopefully I won’t regret it Tuesday morning.