Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Pan Sauce

Post image for Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Pan Sauce

by Amy Flanigan on October 2, 2012 · 12 comments

We love pork over here, and yet it always seems to get bumped for chicken or beef. Where are the loins? Where are the chops? Good questions. So in an attempt to rectify that, I went a little crazy and ended up printing out 6 pork loin recipes I want to make. Over-compensating much? But if they’re half as delicious as this one, I’m in good shape.

The pan sauce can be left loose, or you can reduce it down to a more syrupy consistency (but there will be less of it.) Either way, wonderful. I added in the brown sugar because without it, it tasted just a tad on the bitter side. The butter is a must, so don’t skip it!

And also? I doubled the recipe and placed the second loin in the fridge…we ate it as a cold salad for lunch 3 days in a row. Try that too!

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Buttery Pan Sauce
Serves 3-4
Prep: 10 minutes
Marinade: 4 hours to overnight
Cook: 30 minutes

• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/3 cup soy sauce (low sodium or gluten-free)
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons dry mustard
• Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound pork tenderloin

Pan Sauce
• Pan scrapings from pork tenderloin
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons of pork marinade (reserved)
• 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
• 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar

Combine all marinade ingredients and reserve 3 tablespoons in a small tupperware container. Place the pork tenderloin and marinade in a Ziplock bag and let marinate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a hot skillet over medium-high heat, sear each side of tenderloin for 2-3 minutes. Place tenderloin in a small baking dish or roasting pan, coated with cooking spray, and cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the meat has reached 160 degrees. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.

In the meantime, place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and scrape up all the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Give the reserved marinade a quick stir and add it to the pan; let it boil down for 2 minutes. Add the butter and brown sugar; remove from heat stirring until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Cut the tenderloin into medium slices and pour the sauce on top.

NOTE: I placed the warm tenderloin slices and fantastic pan sauces over a bed of fresh baby spinach, which coated and wilted the leaves, turning them into a great side. Optional, but highly recommended!

(slightly adapted from Chef Mommy)

Rachel October 14, 2012 at 9:24 am

OMG A, this was a HIT at my house. Shawn absolutely loved the sauce, and I put the sauce over spinach and he devoured it. I used pork chops and they turned out fantastic! This recipe is filed my friend! Thank you!!

Amy October 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Oh Yay! YAY!! *claps hands wildly*

Rachel October 9, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Okay, dumb question: I can use pork chops instead, right? I got those gigantic chops from Costco and I made pork chops with apples last night for dinner and I have been looking for another ‘chop recipe. I’m assuming chops will work too, just curious if I’d need to tweak anything.

Buttery pan sauce? Yes plz!

Rachel October 9, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I realized I typed “chops” way too many times.

Amy October 9, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Not a dumb question at all! You can certainly use pork chops, but depending on the thickness (and whether they are bone-in or boneless) might effect the length of time they roast in the oven. Start checking with your thermometer at 20 minutes.

the wicked noodle October 5, 2012 at 5:31 am

Buttery pan sauce? Are you kidding me? I’m so happy that I have found someone who loves the goodness of butter as much as I do. I suppose I could put some pork on it, too :-)

Dana Smith October 3, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I was never able to eat pork until recently…it just didn’t agree with me. Pork tenderloin is a fave since it’s so low in calories. Can’t wait to try this!

Joanne October 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I never really made pork when I still ate meat either…probably because my mom never cooked it much when I was a kid and when she did it was DRY with a capital D. This looks anything but!!

pam October 2, 2012 at 8:38 am

Same here. It’s been ages since I’ve had pork tenderloin. I need to get one. Or two. Or five.

Jenna October 2, 2012 at 8:02 am

Oh yeah–I’d totally eat this over spinach. Yum!

Melissa October 2, 2012 at 7:56 am

I can barely go a week without making thick cut pork chops and some roasted vegetables. Mmmmm pork. I swear nothing makes a better buttery pan sauce than something like this. I’m doing quick boneless ones this Friday with apples and onions and pan sauce and mashed potatoes. Can’t wait.

Amy October 2, 2012 at 8:42 am

Apples and onions. Yep. Fruit pairs so perfectly with pork. What I wouldn’t give to me in your house, for that, among other reasons :D