Made It! Loved It!

4 Recipes I Love | Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on December 27, 2012 · 10 comments

There’s no question that if I devoted an individual blog post to every single recipe I tried and loved, I would bog down your news feed and e-mail in-box. Nobody wants that. I would also spend way too much time taking and editing pictures…and my family definitely doesn’t want that.

But sometimes there are just some recipes that have to be shared. Here are 4 that deserve special attention, but grouped together…you know, like in one nice little package. A post Christmas present, let’s say.

They are all crazy good.

Grilled Pastrami, Swiss, and Sweet Onion Marmalade on Rye (photo by Annabelle Breakey) – once the onion marmalade is made, the sandwich is put together in snap. If you’re short on time, you could even make the marmalade the day before. The flavor combo is stellar!

Pastrami_Grilled_Cheese

Roasted Shrimp Enchiladas with Jalapeño Cream Sauce (photo courtesy by Chung-Ah at Damn Delicious) – OMG. These enchiladas. Probably too ambitious for a weeknight, but perfect for a weekend, and certainly if you’re having people over. We didn’t want this meal to end.

Shrimp_Enchiladas

Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken (photo by Elise at Simply Recipes) – I’ve made this a few times now. We love it. I have had burning issues with Elise’s instructions though, so I just sprinkle the thighs with salt/pepper and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, then add the paste and bake for another 10 minutes; finishing off under the broiler. I’ve even made the paste all on its own and eaten it with crackers!

spicy-garlic-cashew-chicken

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (photo by Jessica at How Sweet It Is) – I had this pinned forever. Then my good friend Kristy at The Wicked Noodle posted it with rave reviews and I knew it was enough waiting! I want this for lunch every day now. It’s Heaven.

Roasted_Sweet_Potato

So much great food! Lordy. All I want to do is eat all day.

Make all of these…you’ll love them, too!

Dana December 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

You won’t have *that* much free time when your kids are in school full-time. Trust me. I just have one (he’s in 4th grade) and *I’m* a crazy person with no free time! Not sure what my excuse is…although here I am on a Saturday night at 11:20 reading my e-mail and commenting on posts, so that may explain it… :)

Amy December 30, 2012 at 7:25 am

Oh, I don’t doubt it. I remember once my Trevor started preschool, I thought I would have so much more time to myself and get caught up. Ya, right. Now that he’s in Pre-K (and Haley is in 1st grade), I have less time with all the volunteering, and shuttling, and projects, etc. That’s why I get up at 5am…it’s the only time I can reply to e-mails. 4th grade homework scares me!

Joanne December 27, 2012 at 6:17 pm

So what you really mean is that if you blogged about every delicious thing you ate you’d turn into me…a crazy person with no free time. :P But I also don’t have kids, so there’s the difference.

I want those sweet potatoes in my life. Seriously.

Amy December 27, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Well, I’m certainly a crazy person with no free time – but I blame that wholeheartedly on the kids! I fear what will happen once they’re in school full-time…maybe I will post several times a day *shudder* And you do need those sweet potatoes in your life. You absolutely do :D

Dani H December 27, 2012 at 5:39 pm

yum! that pastrami sandwich has my name all over it!

i hope you had a lovely Christmas, Amy!

wishing you the happiest of new years!

?

Amy December 27, 2012 at 6:31 pm

And to you, Dani! Many hugs and warm wishes <3

Stephanie December 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

There’s at least two things on this list that Billy will eat, yay!! Man oh man, those shrimp enchiladas sound amazing!! Pretty sure those will be in my near future…..

I love the holidays because other people inevitably cook for you, but I actually kind of miss cooking and can’t wait to get home to try some new recipes!

Amy December 27, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Oh yay! I can’t believe how tough he is…I always consider him such a good eater, but apparently not! After hosting 19 for Thanksgiving, I was more than thrilled for my sister to take care of Christmas. It was nice to just provide dessert. Happy holidays, Steph!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious December 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

I’m so glad you liked the shrimp enchiladas! They’re definitely my favorite kind of enchiladas yet!

Oh and those stuffed sweet potatoes – my gawd – definitely need to make those soon!

Amy December 27, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Hi Chung-Ah! We absolutely loved them and can’t wait to make them again! Thank you for allowing me to use your photo…it’s beautiful :D