Easy Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits

Easy Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits | Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on May 9, 2013 · 10 comments

Everyone who knows me, or has read this blog for a decent amount of time, is aware that Trevor loves strawberries. Love is an understatement. That kid would commit crimes for strawberries. Seriously.

I keep waiting for his excitement over them to wane, but nope. Five years in now and he still goes crazy at the site, smell, and certainly taste.

My friend Melissa…she know this. And she’ll send me recipes that have strawberries in them. And my friend Heidi…she knows this. She stopped by last week with a bushel.

I thought Trevor might faint.

Not willing to let any of those berries go bad, I’ve been taking full advantage of them. Strawberry smoothies, strawberry shortcake scones, strawberry pancakes, and these strawberry parfaits.

Easy Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits | Very Culinary

It’s pretty much been a strawberry love fest over here.

You can make this dessert as complicated (depending on the pound cake you bake), or uncomplicated (depending on the pound cake you buy…Sara *cough* Lee *cough*), but either way, you should totally make it. It’s so easy and so delicious.

Easy Strawberry Shortcake Parfaits

• 8, 1/2 inch, slices of pound cake, cubed (homemade or store bought) – I used this recipe
• 2 cups medium strawberries, quartered
• 2 cups whipped cream (or Cool Whip) – I used this recipe
• milk, optional

Divide ingredients among 4 parfait glasses, layering as you choose. Poor a little milk down the side of glass to soften the pound cake pieces, if desired.

Stephanie May 13, 2013 at 10:52 am

Sara Lee pound cake is baked with crack, I’m certain of it. I have to stay away from that stuff because I will literally eat the whole loaf. But of course, adding strawberries to it makes it healthy, right? Let’s go with that….

Joanne May 10, 2013 at 9:32 am

I go pretty crazy for strawberries also but maybe that’s because we only get really good ones up here for about a month. I’m always so jealous of you and your California strawberries!

Right now strawberries are so good here that you can smell them from across the store so these parfait is definitely happening in my future!

Aggie May 9, 2013 at 2:26 pm

So cute how much he loves strawberries – a good thing to love! I love this little treat you made with them, looks amazing.

Jerry | Simply Good Eating May 9, 2013 at 10:42 am

Wow with tasty treats like these its no wonder Trevor is always craving for strawberries. As a matter fact, you got me craving for some now too!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel May 9, 2013 at 6:59 am

I would seriously devour this. I might even hide it from my family to save it all for myself.

Mom May 9, 2013 at 6:55 am

Both this and the apple parfait are great for a quick, last minute dessert if everything is on hand. I love homemade lemon pound cake, and it brings back memories of my grandmother.

Cassie | Bake Your Day May 9, 2013 at 6:45 am

What a fun way to enjoy strawberry shortcake!!

Sandi Benoit May 9, 2013 at 6:26 am

My kind of recipe!! Someone else bakes the cake and whips the cream :) I’m all about fast & easy!! Especially since I’m unable to stand for long periods. Thank you for sharing Amy!! For Memorial Day or the 4th, you could toss some blueberries in these, for a patriotic look :)

pam May 9, 2013 at 6:05 am

I bought some strawberries. Now to go back and get pound cake and whipped cream.

Erin | The Law Student's Wife May 9, 2013 at 5:46 am

I think Trevor and I would get along quite nicely :-) Such a quick, fresh treat!