Ingredients required for the cake
For the pastry:
- ½ cup cookies (such as the Jubilee)
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup almonds (chopped)
- ½ cup sugar
- 120g butter
For the chocolate layer:
- 2 cups cream (35% fat)
- 550g chocolate (milk)
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup (light)
For butter cream:
- half a cup of sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 6 eggs (yolks)
- 400g butter
- ½ cup Kahlua liqueur
- 120 g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 170C. In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the pastry. Put this mixture into a greased ovenproof form. Put it in the oven for 15 minutes, so that to get a golden hue. Let cool it on the grill.
- For the chocolate layer melt the chocolate with remaining ingredients in a saucepan. When the chocolate mixture is smooth, pour it on the top of the pastry and spread evenly over the surface.
- Put it in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Boil sugar syrup (to the ball stage). Let cool it a little and carefully pour in the beaten egg yolks. Continuing to whisk the mixture with a mixer, add the softened butter.
- Add liqueur Kahlua and melted chocolate in a water bath, stir with a mixer and pour the cream into the baking dish. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours.
- The cake is ready, cut into pieces a la carte and serve.Enjoy your meal!