Grilled Peach and Coppa Pizza

Grilled Peach and Coppa Pizza | Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on May 15, 2013 · 8 comments

Please say I can start posting recipes off the grill! I’m dying over here with so many I want to share! I’ll try not to inundate you, but let’s ease into it with this super tasty pizza.

IF it’s still too cold to bust out your grill, it’s okay – this can be made in the oven, too.

One of my local markets, Raley’s, has an in-store magazine that usually has a few noteworthy recipes each issue (utilizing their brand, of course), like this one. I’ve been anxiously waiting for peaches to become available, so I could make it. Finally they had some last week. Hooray!

I altered it slightly, using flatbreads instead of creating my own pizza dough, and used Coppa instead of pancetta.

Grilled Peach and Coppa Pizza | Very Culinary

This was definitely worth the wait. The coppa is salty, the peaches sweet, the walnuts…well, nutty. Loved it!

Grilled Peach and Coppa Pizza

• 2 regular flatbreads (I used Naan)
• 3 ounces thinly sliced Coppa, broken into small pieces
• 1 large peach, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
• 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• fresh basil, chiffonade

Place a pizza stone on the grill and preheat over medium heat.

Top flatbreads with equal amounts of Coppa, peach slices, walnuts, and cheese. Put them on the pizza stone, cover grill and cook for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove and sprinkle some fresh basil on top.

Slice and serve. So good!

Note: if you do not have a grill, you can bake these in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes OR place under the broiler for a few minutes. The crust won’t be as crunchy, but still delicious! Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn!

(slightly adapted from Raley’s)

Tiffany May 16, 2013 at 6:23 pm

YUM! Now this is what I call PIZZA. Not like my little avocado dealio ;)

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me May 16, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I love love love this pizza. I’m so serious. It is awesome. I did a grilled BBQ chicken pizza not long ago with pineapple & now I AM MAKING THIS!!
Where on earth are you that you can get peaches right now?!!! I am like 1/2 a mile from Gaffney, SC where the water tower is a giant peach and there are peach farms everywhere and they aren’t ready yet!!!
But I’m waiting.

Amy May 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Hi Heather! I’m in northern CA. I think peaches (and certainly avocados) come in early here. This last batch I bought was the bomb. So ripe and sweet. *I* can’t wait to make this again!

Joanne May 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Lately here it’s been pretending it’s grilling weather until it gets to be dinnertime..and then it turns frigid. Not that I have a grill anyway…but I DO have an oven and this sounds just lovely!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor May 15, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I love grilled peaches and this pizza sounds delicious!

Mom May 15, 2013 at 8:11 am

You make the best pizzas, and this one looks as good as others you have made. Can’t wait to try it.

Theresa Williams May 15, 2013 at 6:45 am

could you please tell me what coppa Is? Thank you so much….

Amy May 15, 2013 at 7:06 am

Coppa (also known as capicola) is a salted, cured, raw ham. It’s really similar to prosciutto, but is cut from the pig’s shoulder, not leg. You can use prosciutto if you can’t find it. Both delicious!