Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff

Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff | Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on June 3, 2013 · 21 comments

Last week of school for us! Home stretch! And thank goodness, because I have run out of glue, staples, creativity, and energy. Most importantly, Haley’s uniforms are about two centimeters away from her looking like a tramp. And I’m not buying new uniforms at this late stage. Clearly.

Contrary to what my family thinks, I’m not SuperWoman (okay, maybe I am – minus the large chest, lasso, and invisible plane), but I just can’t do it all. I cannot. I CANNOT. And I officially reached my end-of-school-year-too-much-going-on-breaking point, where I actually said “no” three times last week to people needing my help or wanting me to attend something. And honestly, it felt good. Just say no!

Except to this easy fruit Croissant Puff.

Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff | Very Culinary

This, you must say “yes” to. How can you ever go wrong with these ingredients? You can’t.

Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff
Serves 6-8

• 3 large croissants, cut up into pieces (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup milk (I used 2%)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.

Place croissant pieces in the pan. Scatter the blueberries and raspberries over the top.

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let sit 20 minutes.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. (If top starts to get too brown toward the end, cover with foil.)

Serve warm with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.

Notes: this recipe can easily be doubled in a 9X13 pan. Also feel free to customize the type of fruit used to suit your taste

(slightly adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything, originally from KRAFT)

kelly drinkwater April 9, 2014 at 6:12 pm

does this come out mushy or firm? we don’t like mushy.

Amy @Very Culinary April 9, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I would say soft…so somewhere in between.

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me June 11, 2013 at 5:16 pm

The answer is: You CAN’T! You can’t go wrong with those ingredients!
This is my first week home with the boys and ironically, I think we need more staples and glue at home than at school. Bonus though: no uniforms to wash.

Stephanie June 4, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Summer vacation!!! I’m sure come the new school year you’ll be joyous that the kids are going back. Doesn’t it always seem like you want the opposite of what’s currently happening?? On a lighter note…holy moly this looks delicious! I could eat this for breakfast and desert and everything inbetween!

Joanne June 4, 2013 at 8:45 am

I’m thinking you must have even more school burn-out than Haley does! It is HARD being a parent these days…you have to do even more work than the kids. Croissant puff = necessary.

m June 4, 2013 at 8:01 am

I can tell from all the ingredients this will be delicious. How can we lose weight when you keep posting these mouth watering gems!?

Erin | The Law Student's Wife June 4, 2013 at 6:07 am

I love great big weekend breakfasts. So fun with berries for summer too! I can see myself eating far too much of this and going back to bed on Saturday…

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary June 3, 2013 at 11:02 am

Two of us saying no in the same week. Watch out world!!

I’m reading this recipe saying, this sounds familiar. Oh yeah, I made it with blueberries a few months ago. Now I need to make it again with mixed berries. It was sooooo good wasn’t it?

Amy June 3, 2013 at 11:09 am

Yes remember, you enthusiastically thanked me for pinning it! You made it right away, but alas, I waited. It got buried. Loved it and so versatile…could practically use any berries in here. Love these easy/tasty recipes.

Judit + Corina @WineDineDaily June 3, 2013 at 10:02 am

These look absolutely mouth- wateringly delicious!
Cheers,
J+C

Amy June 3, 2013 at 11:10 am

Thank you!

Jen June 3, 2013 at 10:00 am

You need to stop posting such amazingly yummy looking recipes – my pile of things I HAVE to make is growing and growing with just your posts! I will definitely be making this. :o)

Amy June 3, 2013 at 11:07 am

I feel that same way! Too much good food out there. I wish I never got full. Or gained weight ;-)

Melissa June 3, 2013 at 9:36 am

I snorted out loud at that first paragraph. ;) AND JUST SAY NO! :D

Amy June 3, 2013 at 11:05 am

Hee hee! Seriously felt good. And I can’t wait to go on vacation and be un-plugged. Or at least semi-unplugged. I’m not even going to check Feedly! Although, I fear that will backfire on me once I get home and have 50 million posts I’ll feel compelled to read. NOOOOO.

Cher June 3, 2013 at 9:27 am

Just…say…no! I was so proud! :) And this is hilarious…”Haley’s uniforms are about two centimeters away from her looking like a tramp” I literally laughed out loud. Mine looks the same.

Love this recipe! Plan to make it over the summer. Yum!

Amy June 3, 2013 at 11:04 am

Also, I don’t think Haley has one white shirt left that isn’t stained with paint or marker!

Tieghan June 3, 2013 at 6:55 am

Wow! How delicious!! I want some for breakfast now!

Amy June 3, 2013 at 11:01 am

I do, too! But it’s all gone *sadness*

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen June 3, 2013 at 6:50 am

Oh my this looks so wonderful!

Amy June 3, 2013 at 10:58 am

I was, Milisa! And thank you so much for sharing!