Meatball Sliders

Meatball Sliders from Very Culinary

by Amy Flanigan on January 21, 2014 · 17 comments

So, now you have all those meatballs. Whatcha gonna do with them? Serve them with spaghetti? Freeze them for later? …Or make some sliders?

Ya, let’s go with that. Seeing as how Superbowl is around the corner.

This is me not caring about football

Thank goodness for the food!

Meatball Sliders from Very Culinary

If you make a full meatball recipe, it will yield about 40 sliders. But obviously, you can make way less. Just thaw out as many meatballs as you need, keeping in mind you’ll want 2 per slider.

Meatball Sliders
Makes 40 sliders

• 3 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
• 80 meatballs, thawed
• 40 slider buns, cut in half
• 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 20 thin slices provolone cheese, cut in half

Preheat broiler and place rack 6 inches from the heat. Put slider halves on a baking sheet; set aside.

Heat marinara sauce in a large skillet over medium. Toss the meatballs in the sauce and warm through. Place two meatballs with some sauce on 20 slider bun halves; sprinkle with parmesan and a half slice of provolone.

Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. (Keep a close eye, to make sure they don’t burn!) Place other half of buns back on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!

Print this recipe Save this recipe

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box by clicking on the “Save this recipe” link. Then, create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

Shawn @ I Wash You Dry January 24, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Love these!! Who needs football when you have the food!!

Yead January 22, 2014 at 12:45 pm

These look so YUMMY. I love this. Great idea.

Joanne January 21, 2014 at 8:27 pm

The.Boy and I really got a kick out of that Julie Andrews GIF. Mainly because, yes that’s me too. Just give me my cheesy delicious sandwich and be quiet when the commercials are on, and I’ll be pretty happy.

Amy @Very Culinary January 21, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Exactly. *high five* Paul turned to me after the playoff games and asked, “So do you want to know which teams are playing in the Superbowl?”…followed by a laugh.

Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out January 21, 2014 at 6:35 pm

YES. Meatball sandwiches are a favorite around here! I should make mine slider-size so I feel more ladylike eating them. (Translation: What a mess!)

Amy @Very Culinary January 21, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Manners. Pffft. We were like savages while eating these. Lol.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel January 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm

That dripping cheese is drool worthy

Amy @Very Culinary January 21, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Thanks, Rachel! Melty cheese just sells itself, huh? Lol.

Ray January 21, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hey, I recognize that meme.

Amy @Very Culinary January 21, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Ha! Yep. I love it!

Happy Valley Chow January 21, 2014 at 8:08 am

Haha I love that Sound of Music picture! I love football, but I might be tempted to say I love the food part of it even more. Your meatball sliders look awesome! Great recipe :)

Julie January 21, 2014 at 7:04 am

1. I had no idea you could buy slider buns. 2. These look fabulous! 3. There’s no way in hell I could keep these from sliding off the bun and onto my lap. I’d just fork them and nibble on the meatball like a bunny. But, who would care, because it would just be me and my hunny eating like bunnies. Ok. I’m done.

Amy @Very Culinary January 21, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Wait, what? You didn’t know you could buy slider buns??? Messy food is fun..unless you’re my OCD kids and serving sloppy joes to them is a nightmare. NOT because *I* care about the mess, mind you. Oy. Who are they??? And I will confess – I are about 6 of these before they ever made it onto the bread ;-)

Julie January 21, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Are you kidding? I married Mr. Clean. On our wedding video, after we fed each other the cake, I quickly flitted off to visit with someone (or whatever I was doing), and there is my hubby on video, carefully wiping his fingers off with his napkin and then neatly folding the napkin up and laying it on the table. Seriously. Here’s something funny (as in ironic). Stephie’s boyfriend is a 25 year old version of my husband in many ways. Stephie is a 25 year old version of me. Oh my! So, I try to keep real messy things away from us, or I get the “look” when it goes sliding across the table. I’ve been into knocking over my water glass at dinner. He now sets it far away from me. Oh, well….

Am January 21, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Hahaha. I’m sort of like that, although I’ve gotten better as I age. Having kids late sort of forced you to. I still have issues with sticky fingers though. Glue, jelly… even that orange residue you get from Cheetos. *shudders*

Julie January 21, 2014 at 4:51 pm

We didn’t “do” glitter. Stephie was very deprived.

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon January 21, 2014 at 6:36 am

I am a huge sucker for sliders! These look deeeelicious!