Ingredients needed for our easy to cook kielbasa & cabbage skillet
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large slices. Pour slowly vegetable oil in a large kettle, so that it closed the bottom half inch and put on the medium heat. Put potatoes into the cooking pot and start frying.
- Chop the onion thin half-rings, grate the carrot.
- After frying for about 5 minutes, arrange the onion and carrot and leave to fry for another 5 minutes. Stir the vegetables periodically.
- While the vegetables are roasting, finely chop the cabbage.
You might think that there are a lot of cabbage, but it’s not. During cooking, the cabbage is reduced in volume almost two times. So if the cabbage the first time do not fit, then literally after a few minutes of stewing, you can put the rest of the part.
- Add the cabbage to the vegetables, mix well, cover it and stew for 5 — 7 minutes.
- Open the lid and allow the vegetables to fry for ten minutes, so they are not turned to mush. And if they get too dry, add a little vegetable oil. And don’t forget to stir the vegetables from time to time, so they don’t burn and get them evenly cooked.
- Sausages cut into thin slices and add to vegetables. Mix, pepper and cover with a lid for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover. The cabbage should become soft.
Next to the wall of the cauldron make a small indentation and pour 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and allow the paste to fry for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Now, pour one cup of water, add a pinch of salt and pepper again to taste. Mix well, cover and allow the vegetables out for about five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the vegetables to infuse with the lid closed for another 5 — 10 minutes.