Biscuit Reuben Sandwiches

Biscuit Reuben Sandwiches #reuben #StPatricksDay #recipe

by Amy Flanigan on March 13, 2014 · 13 comments

Poor Paul. He’s Irish and his parents own two bars. Then he marries this gal, who’s not only Jewish, but doesn’t even drink.

Poor Amy. She loves cabbage. And sauerkraut. But said husband ^^^ doesn’t.

Happy Paul. Because his wife still buys him beer and tolerates the smell (not really.)

Happy Amy. Because her husband will eat the cabbage and tolerate the smell (not really.)

Corned beef is something they can both agree on, though. Thank goodness.

Biscuit Reuben Sandwiches #reuben #StPatricksDay #recipe

If you get a chance to make my Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage, then use a little bit of the left over corned beef for these sandwiches. If not, then stop by your local deli and get some. Because the Reuben sandwich has been updated!

With corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut, on top of  golden biscuits with a spicy sour cream-mustard sauce, it’s a match made in heaven…

…like Amy and Paul. Sort of.

Biscuit Reuben Sandwiches

• 1/3 cup light sour cream
• 1 1/2 teaspoons grainy mustard
• couple dashes hot sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon ground caraway seeds
• 4 Pillsbury biscuits, warmed and split in half
• 12 slices (3 ounces) thinly sliced corned beef
• 1/4 cup sauerkraut, optional
• 4 thin slices swiss cheese

Preheat broiler. Position rack 6 inches from the heat.

In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mustard, hot sauce, and ground caraway until thoroughly combined.

Place biscuit bottoms on a baking sheet. Top each with 3 slices of corned beef, the sauerkraut, and cheese. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly (keep a close eye so it doesn’t burn!) Slather with a generous helping of the sour cream mixture, followed by the biscuit tops. Serve immediately.

(adapted from Rachel Ray)

Print this recipe Save this recipe

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box by clicking on the “Save this recipe” link. Then, create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

Lisa Eirene (@LisaEirene) March 31, 2014 at 11:36 am

This looks SO good! I saw something similar on pinterest–a grilled ham and cheese on those Hawaiian rolls you get at Thanksgiving? Yum!

Stephanie March 17, 2014 at 9:38 am

Oh. My. Goodness. DROOLING. SO glad we made corned beef over the weekend!

Stephanie March 17, 2014 at 9:38 am

Also, who ARE you guys? :P

Joanne March 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Ha! The.Boy and I have the same kind of dynamic going on! Although, neither of us are Irish.

Josie March 14, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I’ve actually never had a reuben before, but if there’s anything that will get me on board with it, it’s a biscuit! Great idea!

Biz March 14, 2014 at 8:53 am

I had to laugh because whenever I heat up sauerkraut, my husband yells from the living room “what smells like ass??!!” I can eat it cold out of the can!

Dani H March 14, 2014 at 3:20 am

Ooooh! Yum! You just convinced me that I DO need to fix your Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage! I was hesitant because it’s just me and it hadn’t occured to me that I could have sandwiches with the leftovers! Silly me!

And happy pie day! (I’ve got a quiche recipe up on my blog today.)

Amy March 13, 2014 at 10:33 pm

You two are such a cute couple! Thank goodness you can agree on corned beef though. These sandwiches look amazing! Although truth be told, I doubt I’ve ever had any… Maybe a bite of my grandfather’s sandwich or something. But my parents tended to be chicken and pork people more than beef. Sounds like I’m missing out!

Ray March 13, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Yum. And we have some frozen biscuits.

KB March 13, 2014 at 11:54 am

These look so good that I’m finding myself tempted by a Reuben, and I’ve never even wanted one before. Do you have a preferred brand of sauerkraut? The last time I tried some, it smelled way stronger than usual and was so acidic that it made me, a self-professed vinegar drinker, choke.

Amy @Very Culinary March 13, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Hi KB – no, not really. I find most sauerkraut is strong and smelly. Lol. Which is why so many people don’t like it. I use it very sparingly for some tanginess, but not where it overwhelms.

Angie | Big Bear's Wife March 13, 2014 at 8:51 am

What a great idea to serve the reuben on a biscuit! That means I have have this for breakfast! haha

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me March 13, 2014 at 5:04 am

Hahaha – this post made me laugh. Happy corned beef sandwiches is right!!! And that sour creamy sauce is totally happening.