Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

by Amy Flanigan on March 20, 2014 · 28 comments

Ah, cauliflower. I’m in love with this stuff! It’s seriously like candy to me. Well, not quite. But close!

Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

Sometimes I’ll throw this together and eat it for lunch – nothing else with it. Roasted (and grilled) vegetables are just the best.

Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

Apparently, cauliflower is “trending” in the food world right now. *rolls eyes* But I guess that’s good, because it means you all want more of it. And since I love cooking with it, it’s a win-win!

Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

• 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets about 1 1/2 inches each
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
• 4 thyme sprigs
• salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Toss florets on a large rimmed baking sheet with the olive oil, garlic, and thyme until coated; season with salt and pepper.

Roast for 20 minutes, tossing once until almost tender. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and toss to combine; roast for an additional 20 minutes, tossing once more, until tender and golden.

Serve immediately.

Print this recipe Save this recipe

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box by clicking on the “Save this recipe” link. Then, create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

Stephanie April 9, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Cauliflower… <3
Cauliflower + Parmesan = <3 <3 <3

foodwanderings March 25, 2014 at 9:35 am

Gosh I love cauliflower. I tried to comment on the ranch and dill recipe without much success, Amy. :( I am obsessed with both dill and cauliflower btw and even if I don’t have small kids at home I have the song from Frozen on rewind on the computer.

Carol at Wild Goose Tea March 23, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I’ve always liked cauliflower. I was surprised at your comment that its trending right now. I wasn’t aware of that. Well its time for the often forgotten cauliflower get his 15 minutes of fame!!!! Cauliflowers of the World—-it’s time to unite! Laughing here of course.

Lauren March 22, 2014 at 9:33 pm

LOVE roasted cauliflower!

Kristen March 22, 2014 at 10:23 am

Oh I love roasted cauliflower – and this recipe looks so good! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca {foodie with family} March 21, 2014 at 7:52 am

This looks like the kind of side dish that I would end up eating so much of that I didn’t have room for the main dish. YUM!

Heather @ French Press March 21, 2014 at 7:48 am

well, I still would prefer candy :) but this look pretty damn good!

Joanne March 21, 2014 at 4:21 am

Cauli-trending sounds good to me! I mean, I was probably going to cook with it anyway and at least now that makes me cool!

dina March 20, 2014 at 7:27 pm

i’m all about roasting veggies these days. these look great!

Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out March 20, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I just roasted cauliflower tonight! So yummy. Wish I had thought to add some parm!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking March 20, 2014 at 6:30 pm

My family loves veggie stir fries! We’d eat them for dinner all the time when I was in high school. Dad would pull out all of the random veggies in our fridge — a handful of carrots, a half-empty bag of broccoli florets, a stray potato — chop them up, and sauté them in a pan with lots of basil and garlic. And that was dinner! Your cauliflower brings back lots of fond memories. :)

Jett Whitfield March 20, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Yummy! I need to make this soon!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife March 20, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I absolutely love this! I could eat this all day!

Meredith In Sock Monkey Slippers March 20, 2014 at 1:53 pm

I’m a fool for roasted cauliflower!

Susan March 20, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I honestly don’t think I could get sick of cauliflower. I love to roast it up and adding some parmesan with it is a great idea!

Melissa March 20, 2014 at 11:55 am

Trend away, cauliflower. ;) And I agree – sometimes I can eat just a big plate of roasted vegetables for a meal and be perfectly content.

Amy @Very Culinary March 20, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I know you even eat it raw… I made this 3x last week just for myself. Paul came into the kitchen and said, “Really? Again?” He’s not a fan. I shushed him ;-)

Ray March 20, 2014 at 11:52 am

So simple! Next time I get cauliflower I will do this.

I second Linda with romanesco. That would be good as well. I’m sure purple cauliflower or “broccoflower” would be just as good.

Amy @Very Culinary March 20, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Yes, this would work with any variety. I’ve also made broccoli with this method – converted my kids. #winning

Lynda March 20, 2014 at 11:05 am

My husband brought home some Romanesco cauliflower. (We had to look it up-didn’t know what it was.) I roasted it pretty much the same way minus the Parmesan. It was awesome!

Amy @Very Culinary March 20, 2014 at 4:05 pm

My sister belongs to some CSA basket through work and last year she got a ton of Romanesco cauliflower. It was even sweeter than regular. Loved it!

Sandi March 20, 2014 at 10:50 am

Lordy, this looks so good!!!!

Gayle@PumpkinNSpice March 20, 2014 at 9:15 am

This cauliflower looks AMAZING! Now you’ve given me an excuse to try out this recipe!

Jude March 20, 2014 at 8:53 am

YES, please. I’m seeing variations of cauliflower on so many menus lately. I will try this (easy!?) recipe at home. Thanks.

dj March 20, 2014 at 7:09 am

Love this recipe, my husband will be home Friday from a long job in Virginia. And he has been talking about how he just love the roasted cauliflower I fixed. Going to try yours when he comes in, it sounds a lot better than mine. Thank you so much for sharing.

Amy @Very Culinary March 20, 2014 at 4:04 pm

My husband is the best eater, but sadly, not a fan of cauliflower. More for me! #brightside

Dani H March 20, 2014 at 4:49 am

I love cauliflower, too, but I’ve never roasted it. I love it raw, steamed, even microwaved (especially with cheese!) This recipe sounds scrumptious, Amy! Definitely another one of your wonderful recipes to add to my list to try!

Happy Spring!

Amy @Very Culinary March 20, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I love it all those ways, too…but roasted is the best!