No-Bake Dark Chocolate Haystacks with Macadamia Nuts

No-Bake Dark Chocolate Haystacks with Macadamia Nuts

by Amy Flanigan on April 10, 2014 · 22 comments

This recipe was developed by me for Chocoley. All opinions are 100% my own.

When a chocolate company contacts you and asks if you want to sample some of their product, you say yes. Without hesitation. Because…chocolate.

Have you ever heard of Chocoley? I hadn’t. But I won’t forget them now. Originally set up in the chocolate fountain business, they quickly figured out they had such a great product of chocolate that they branched out into candy making.

They have a huge website devoted to candy making, including coloring oils, decorative toppings, metallic sugar crystals, sprinkles, and edible confetti. They also have a plethora of candy making materials like molds, squeeze bottles, sticks and screwers, gloves, wrappers, just to name a few. And need packaging? They’ve got you covered there, too, with cello bags, boxes, and foil wrappers. The list goes on and on. They are truly a one-stop-shop.

All of their chocolate products are made using a select grade of cocoa beans from the finest cacao growing regions of the world. All of their other ingredients – from milk to sugar and everything in between—are rich and pure.

I got to sample a few of their most popular - Dipping & Coating Dark Chocolate and Candy & Molding Milk Chocolate

Chocoley Dark Wafers

…and also this Drizzle & Design White Chocolate, which as you can see, comes in its own bottle. Just put it in some hot water, and drizzle once melted. LOVE.

Chocoley White Drizzle

No double boiler, friends! Which cuts down on time, but not on taste. You know how much I love that.

Now, what to use them in? I decided on Haystacks – I’ve seen them floating around the internet for years, but had never actually made them.

No-Bake Dark Chocolate Haystacks with Macadamia Nuts

The chocolate was super easy to handle. Popped it in a microwave-safe bowl, melted in less than 2 minutes. Combined my few ingredients and done. And along the way, ate way too many of the wafers from the other package, and licked a ton of chocolate off my fingers.

No-Bake Dark Chocolate Haystacks with Macadamia Nuts

I’d call that a success.

I highly recommend these products and this website for anyone who makes cake pops, truffles, birthday molds, etc.

You can follow them on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for product information, deals, and recipes…and you should!

No-Bake Dark Chocolate Haystacks with Macadamia Nuts
Makes approximately 30

• 1 pound bag Chocoley Dark Chocolate wafers (about 3 1/4 cups)
• 3 cups chow mein noodles
• 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
• white chocolate for drizzling, optional

Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper; set aside.

Place chocolate wafers in a large microwave-safe bowl; cook in the microwave for 1 minute, and then in 20 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth.

Add in the chow mein noodles and macadamia nuts; stir to combine.

Drop heaping tablespoon mounds of the mixture onto the wax paper a few inches apart. Drizzle white melted chocolate over the tops, if desired.

By the time you’ve formed all of them, they should be dry. If not, place baking sheets in the refrigerator for a few minutes to fully set.

Eat and enjoy!

Print this recipe Save this recipe

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box by clicking on the “Save this recipe” link. Then, create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!

Ash April 15, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Chow mein noodles, huh? I’m assuming the crunchy kind? Interesting use for them, these look pretty, and like a great way to satisfy a chocolate-crunch craving.

Amy @Very Culinary April 15, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Uuuum, yes…definitely the crunchy variety. Lol.

Carol at Wild Goose Tea April 13, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Not only this probably the simplest recipe I have seen recently, but it would be a lot of fun to both serve and eat.

Amy @Very Culinary April 13, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Ha. It really is! Thanks, Carol!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking April 12, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Chocolate. Yes. Yum. Heaven. And no double boiler? That’s insane — so cool!! Your haystacks look adorable too! They remind me of the cornflake treats my brother and I used to make at my grandma’s house. They never lasted more than an hour or two!

Joanne April 11, 2014 at 4:09 am

I often find chocolate such a pain to work with that I just avoid making some of those treats you mentioned because of it! Never again now that Chocoley is in my life.

I’m amazed you were able to save any of those haystacks for a photo! They would all be in my belly.

Joelen April 10, 2014 at 9:27 pm

What a fun treat to make! I may have to get my lil guy in the kitchen to try these out with me!

Dawn Lopez April 10, 2014 at 9:20 pm

How did you know that no bake desserts and dark chocolate were my two favorite things? This look brilliant… and I’m loving Chocoley! This is my first time seeing their products. I think I need some of them, asap!

Ray April 10, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I’ll bet you could use these products from Chocoley with the ubiquitous “crockpot candy” that runs around on Pinterest.

Macadamia nuts. One of my secret guilty pleasures. No, you may not open that box of Hawaiian Host Aloha Macs. Those are all mine.

Amy @Very Culinary April 10, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I bet you’re right! – I hope to experiment more with this chocolate. It certainly was easy to work with and super delicious. But duh. As for the macadamia nuts, I don’t buy them very often because of the expense, and the fact that they’re gone in an instant.

Dani H April 10, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Yum!

Julie April 10, 2014 at 11:48 am

A million and one years ago, we made these in junior high home ec class. Probably because no one could burn themselves on the oven. Who knows? I remember that they were quite the hit with all of the 13 year old girls in the class. Well, we didn’t have macadamia nuts, but whatever. The macadamia nuts just kicked them up a notch.They were delicious!

Amy @Very Culinary April 10, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Oh, these would be perfect for home ec – no use of a stove or oven=nobody burning down the building=no law suits. Although, it certainly doesn’t teach much needed cooking skills. Do they even offer home ec class anymore?

Rebecca {foodie with family} April 10, 2014 at 7:30 am

Ooooh! I notice from the packaging that this is nut free. What a great thing for people with allergies! I love haystacks. LOVE ‘em!

Amy @Very Culinary April 10, 2014 at 7:33 am

Yeeesss ^^^ THAT. Perfect for my kids with a peanut allergy. Hallelujah!

Angie April 10, 2014 at 6:39 am

These haystacks look so cute and tasty!

Carolyn Ketchum April 10, 2014 at 6:32 am

Love the addition of macadamias in these!

Nutmeg Nanny April 10, 2014 at 6:32 am

I love haystacks. I make them every year at Christmas but usually do butterscotch. I need to try them with chocolate!

Mom April 10, 2014 at 5:49 am

So easy and looks crunchy. I’ll check out their products/web site and may even try this one. I think it’s a great addition to holiday goodies.

Paula - bell'alimento April 10, 2014 at 5:48 am

Girl you are speaking my dessert language with these beauties.

Betsy | JavaCupcake.com April 10, 2014 at 5:39 am

I especially love that you used chocolate that looks like it comes out of an Elmers glue bottle. haha I seriously had to do a double take when I saw the picture! Oh… and that white chocolate drizzle shouldn’t be optional… it totally needs to be required! The more drizzle the better!

Brenda@SugarFreeMom April 10, 2014 at 5:19 am

Beautiful! So artistic!! I love macadamia nuts and love no bake recipes!