6 Awesome Asparagus Recipes

6 Delicious Ways To Use Asparagus

by Amy Flanigan on April 24, 2014 · 16 comments

Do you have a favorite vegetable? I love many, but I’m truly under an asparagus spell. Everyone complains about the, ahem, side effects. But who cares, really? *shrug* If I had the space and a green thumb, I would totally try to harvest some.

I shared my favorite recipes on Facebook last week, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t share them here, as well. For all of you who love the green spears like I do, but who aren’t on Facebook, this is for you.

Spring Vegetable Couscous with Chicken >> Layers of flavor from different vegetables, seasoned chicken, and a hint of lemon. Easy and light.

Spring Vegetable Couscous on www.veryculinary.com

Easy Fish Piccata with Roasted Asparagus >> you just can’t go wrong with butter, wine, and lemon

Easy Fish Piccata with Roasted Asparagus on www.veryculinary.com

Creamy Asparagus Soup >> thick, creamy, and tangy. The asparagus flavor is apparent, but not over-powering. This is like butter on your tongue. Sublime, my friends. Completely sublime.

Creamy Asparagus Soup

Open-Faced Roasted Asparagus with Fresh Ricotta and Pesto >> I once made this every single day for two weeks in a row.

Open-Faced Roasted Asparagus with fresh Ricotta and Pesto_blog

Asparagus Muenster Melt with Pesto Spread >> mild flavor and smooth, soft texture of cheese, combined with salty prosciutto and sweet tomatoes. An absolute favorite!

Asparagus Muenster Melt with Pesto Spread

Spicy Pork Asparagus Stir-Fry >> I make this all year long! Spicy with a hint of sweetness and so so easy. One of my favorite weeknight meals.

Spicy Pork Asparagus Stir-Fry | Very Culinary

I’m so excited it’s in season again. Yay spring!

Joanne April 29, 2014 at 8:35 am

I also just cannot get why people complain about asparagus after effects so much. I say, bring on as much of it as possible! Must make those open-faced ricotta sandwich thingies of yours.

Amy @Very Culinary April 29, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Right??? It’s not like regular pee has such a pleasant odor! HA.

Dani H April 28, 2014 at 9:56 pm

LOVE asparagus! When it’s on sale, I’ll have nothing but buttered asparagus for dinner. I do think your recipes will be better though, Amy! It’s still $4.99 per pound here, but as soon as the price drops I’m definitely going to try your Fish Piccata with Roasted Asparagus, Open-Faced Roasted Asparagus with Fresh Ricotta and Pesto, and Asparagus Muenster Melt with Pesto Spread. Then I’ll go on to the rest of the recipes! {smile}

Amy @Very Culinary April 29, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Asparagus is pretty expensive here, too. Although now that it’s in season, I can get it pretty cheap at the farmer’s market. Now, if only gasoline prices would drop!

Carol at Wild Goose Tea. April 28, 2014 at 3:11 pm

What a wonderful variety of asparagus recipes. My favorite is the Asian one. I am with you. I can live without Italian, even though I love it. BUT I absolutely couldn’t go without Asian food. When I move to a new place, my top questions are—-Is there a decent Chinese restaurant and is there a library. I don’t watch TV either. I work at a job where I am interrupted all the time. So I do not find it relaxing to be interrupted at home by commercials.

Amy @Very Culinary April 29, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I’ve yet to find a good Chinese restaurant near me.. all the food is always so greasy. Which is why I make my own! I never used to be bothered by noise…then I had kids. And now I relish silence when I can get it ;-)

Christiane ~ Taking On Magazines April 26, 2014 at 7:35 am

I can’t tell which one I’d want the most, but I’m thinking the Muenster Melt. How can I resist that oozing cheese? They all look fantastic though.

Jessica (Savory Experiments) April 25, 2014 at 9:00 am

Fabulous photos! I love asparagus and usually just steam it, but I am dying to try some of your ideas now. Pinned!

Nutmeg Nanny April 25, 2014 at 7:49 am

During the summer I make asparagus almost every single night. Luckily my hubs loves it just as much as I do :) LOVE all these new ideas to use it for more than just a side dish.

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking April 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I actually have two favorite veggies tied for first place: red bell peppers (which I’m actually allergic to) and Brussels sprouts. I probably eat one or the other (or both) almost every day! I tend to forget about asparagus, but my dad just grilled some last weekend when I went home to visit. He’d get a kick out of your open-faced sandwiches; he loves both ricotta and pesto!

Amy @Very Culinary April 24, 2014 at 6:57 pm

I love brussels sprouts! And it’s funny that you eat them anyway, even though you’re allergic. I’m like that with avocado. I’ll be doubled over in pain for 2 hours, but somehow I continue to eat them…

Angie | Big Bear's Wife April 24, 2014 at 10:03 am

My husband and I have been on an asparagus kick for the past year haha. Love all of the recipes!

Librarian Lavender April 24, 2014 at 9:58 am

I love asparagus and really like these recipes! I can’t wait to try them!

Angie April 24, 2014 at 7:28 am

What a great round-up of asparagus recipes! I especially love the stir fry, yum!

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} April 24, 2014 at 7:21 am

I love asparagus, so I love this round-up. That asparagus soup looks so interesting, I need to try it!

Brenda@SugarFreeMom April 24, 2014 at 7:11 am

I’m so intrigued by the asparagus soup!! I’ve never tried that and I also love that fish piccata, yum!