This post is sponsored by Tabasco. A product we love and use regularly!
There are three things you must know.
1. Eggplant is actually a fruit, not a vegetable. (Just found this out. I’m struggling with it.)
2. Eggplant is probably one of my least favorite…er…fruits.
3. I absolutely LOVED this – devoured all 4 servings immediately after taking pictures. True story.
Eggplant was one of the reasons I thought twice about participating in this challenge….
But then I was told I could use it as much or as little as I want. Or not at all. Whew.
Seemed like such a cop-out, though. So I was committed to creating something.
And then this happened.
Two days in a row.
I’m telling you, friends – once again, grilling or roasting proves to be a sure fire way of taking a
vegetable fruit vegetable… er… fruit… from 10 to 1,000. This was SO good.
Spicy Roasted Eggplant and Cherry Tomatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
• 4 Italian eggplant (or 1 globe), cut into 1-inch cubes
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
• salt and pepper
• Tabasco hot sauce
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or cilantro)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread eggplant cubes on the baking sheet and toss with 3 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper, and 8 dashes of Tabasco until all the cubes are coated. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Stir with a spatula and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
When there is 15 minutes remaining, toss cherry tomatoes with the last tablespoon of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place on a separate baking sheet and put in the oven with the eggplant.
Combine tomatoes with eggplant and gently toss with the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box by clicking on the “Save this recipe” link. Then, create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List!
Previous recipes from this challenge!