It’s hard to believe that there was once a time I couldn’t cook anything other than a baked potato or Top Ramen. Not wouldn’t…couldn’t. I still love a baked potato and Top Ramen.
But, well, it’s nice to know how to cook.
Want to know how to be a better cook? Stop eating meat for a decade. Too drastic? How about a couple of months?
No, no. Hear me out. Meat has so much natural flavor from its fat content that when you stop using it in recipes, you’re sort of forced to learn all about spices. Or, well, your food is going to be bland, if not down right tasteless. Vegetarians know how to cook. Trust me.
I got introduced to Morningstar Farms many years ago when I had no idea soy beans came in different forms other than milk and edamame. I was pretty floored after eating one of their Original Sausage Patties to find out it wasn’t actually pork. It’s remained my favorite from their product line after all these years. Sometimes I use them on these breakfast sandwiches, others times I just eat them alone for an afternoon snack!
I’m not about to give up my burgers and ribs, but I’ve never stopped buying the MorningStar Farms brand – they offer a great healthy alternative to beef and bacon, and variety so you’re not always cooking chicken.
With 30+ products and 600+ recipes, MorningStar Farms makes it easy to eat smart, whether you go meatless every day, or every now and then. Plus, they are always creating and introducing new products and flavors. The newest ones include Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger, Buffalo Chik Patties, Parmesan Garlic Wings, Mediterranean Chickpea Pizza and Baja Black Bean Pizza. Which would you try first?
Leave a comment below for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes has ended.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich
Makes 4 Sandwiches
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
• 4 Morningstar sausage patties
• 4 eggs
• 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 1 scallion, finely diced
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 4 thin slices (about 4 ounces) Havarti cheese
• 2 cooked biscuits or rolls, split in half
Prepare sausage patties according to package directions.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk, and scallions.
Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture and cook until set, pulling eggs to the center of pan with a rubber spatula, and tilting pan to fill in holes with the liquid.
Transfer omelet onto a plate; cut into 4 equal portions and place on each biscuit half along with a slice of cheese and a sausage patty. Serve immediately.